Role & Responsibilities
- Installs, configure and deploy server hardware and software, including operating systems, applications, and patches to support and maintain effective network service operations throughout the District.
- Supports, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains server issues and security for enterprise and large-scale applications.
- Provides Activity Directory Management assistance to District staff in managing user and computer accounts.
- Troubleshoots, reviews and resolves blocked websites; performs a variety of duties related to filter management
- Manages, deploys, configures, and maintains servers in a virtualized and traditional environment.
- Assists in creating scripts to monitor systems, diagnostics, resolve issues, and automate routine tasks.
- Provides support for device management including image development, mobile device management, application packaging and deployment.
- Configures systems for high availability including strategies for back-up and recovery, failover, load balancing, and full redundancy.
- Installs server hardware and components such as disks, memory, and other components; models and tests changes to production systems.
- Analyzes and resolves issues, gathers information to identify needs, evaluates systems and network requirements, and Diagnoses and resolves complex software, server, and networking issues.
- Supports the District’s directory services infrastructure, including hardware configuration and upgrades, group architecture, account maintenance, and authentication for authentication and network access.
- Creates, and maintains written and verbal procedures; prepares written technical documentation, training material, standards, reports, and other documents as assigned.
- Evaluates systems and alternate solutions; develops functional specifications, standards, and requirements for hardware and software purchase and design to ensure optimum system and end- user performance; makes recommendations for changes and additional services.
- Trains and provides guidance to District personnel.
- Provides general networking, computer, and other technology support as needed.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities; provide special reports as requested by various departments.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Should have knowledge about the basic computer hardware, like assembling computer, storage drive, RAM and Processor.
Eligibility Instead criteria
BSC-IT, BE-IT, MCA, BSC, BE or Computer Science