Role name and description
Manager – Contract Drafting
The candidate will, subject to EY GDS’ contracting model with clients in global jurisdictions, serve as a senior resource acting as an extension of client in-house legal team providing contract review and negotiation assistance to clients and as an escalation point and source of expertise for the team regarding best practice in the negotiation of technology related procurement and sales contracts.
As a Manager Contract Drafting, you will be developing and setting up solutions for related managed services for new work or new clients. Also serve as a trainer and subject matter expert to assist and build on the CLM team’s framework and best practices for training and playbooks.
The Manager, Contracting Attorney serves as a unique opportunity to scale up your contracting expertise and build, assist and leverage a tested delivery model that enables globally integrated, cost-efficient teams to deliver high quality, sophisticated legal work to meet the needs of multinational corporations.
Your key responsibilities
- Review, redline, and negotiate sales or procurement contracts for software, software as a service, data licenses, services, or goods or other subject matter on client paper or counterparty paper across a variety of contracting structures based on playbooks or other documents reflecting client contracting positions or otherwise
- Communicate and collaborate with client legal and business stakeholders to build relationships or provide support to mitigate identified risks in the contract language being negotiated and ensure the commercial objectives are fulfilled within the stipulated timeframe
- Ensure service delivery in accordance with the agreed project scope, ensuring overall client satisfaction and compliance with SLAs, and actively identifying ways to fulfil client needs
- Make available the benefit of technology related contracting experience by being available to quality check work, provide required guidance, act as an escalation point or mentor or coach.
- Train and contribute to training and building of playbooks and/or training materials or other knowledge artifacts leveraging and supplementing LMS best practices and approaches to training.
- Drive the development of solutions and business development for new clients by contributing relevant insights based on contracting experience and exposure to both needs and best practices of multinational organizations.
- Support and contribute to the expansion and strengthening of LMS CLM team’s distinct culture.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong communication, writing and inter-personal skills at all levels, including presentation skills, both formal and informal
- Highly responsive to the needs of both internal (including reporting managers, other project managers and team members) as well as external clients
- Problem solving, analytical, and some experience of project management skills are desirable
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- Attorney with 8-10 years of relevant contract review, redlining and negotiation experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
- Strong subject matter expertise; deep knowledge of and experience with the review, redlining and negotiation of contracts especially technology related contracts on the procurement and sales side.
- Strong Contract negotiation expertise (both legal and business issues). Specific experience in training is attractive but not essential.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Contract Lifecycle Management technology is attractive, but not essential.
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exception client management and project management experience
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success, as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.