Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Manager – Reporting and Analyst (Decision Science)
Empower India Business Intelligence and Analytics team is looking for a suitable Manager candidate. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent analytical, technical and time-management skills, with the ability to communicate and present information to stakeholders at all levels of the business and LOBs. Your attention to detail ensures that you’ll get the job done accurately while thriving in a fast-paced environment. A people leader with minimal Individual Contributor role.
- Manage the advanced analytics team to solve business problems and support business and risk strategic objectives. Collaborate with various partners to prioritize requests/needs and provide a holistic view of the analysis.
- Lead decision scientists and data analysts to deliver end-to-end unstructured data explorative analysis and analytics projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand business needs and solve business problems through rigorous data analysis, experimentation, segmentation, algorithms, and Visualizations.
- Provide guidance and perform advanced data analytics on data mining, statistical analysis, predictive analytics.
- Set and execute project plan for the advanced analytics teams and partner with technology team to develop and execute strategy on data management and reports.
- Acquire and integrate data from multiple data sources for analysis, perform exploratory to advanced predictive and/or modeling analytics, and identify data relationships such as trends, patterns and correlations in order to solve business questions as well as provide actionable recommendations.
- Leverage multiple complex data sources and stake holder supplied information to generate decision support analytics.
- Be able to present data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the senior leadership team to quickly understand the results and make data driven decisions.
- Stay knowledgeable about new processes, technology, and best practices in data analytics and data science.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation.
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected.
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities.
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Work with direct reports and help seek outgrowth opportunities for your teams; continually challenge them to maximize their engagement and productivity.
- Post-graduate degree in Business Management / Statistics / Economics / IT / Finance
- Highly proficient and hands on experience on analytics tools - SAS, SQL Server, Tableau, Python or R and AWS.
- 13 – 16 years of experience working in business intelligence, analytics, decision science or related experience, of which 6 – 7 years of strong people management experience
- Deep level of understanding of databases including relational and dimensional. Functions at an advanced level in multiple BI platforms, reporting systems, and tool sets
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, contribute independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Comfortable working under deadlines and performing multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated leadership, management, collaboration, and strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex analyses and technical subject matter clearly and concisely to internal stakeholders with different technical backgrounds and senior business leaders
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills to collaborate with people across functions
- Self-motivated and a track record of meeting business goals