If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer - Mechanical Design Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- We are looking for motivated professionals with strong skills in the domain of Low Voltage Air Circuit Breakers and molded case circuit breaker.
- Design knowledge and experience in design of mechanism, Sensor selection and integration, control mechanical devices and analyzing data.
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Testing, and Release) following a structured engineering process to ensure quality and reliability
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Product Management, Field Service, Operations and other Engineering teams during the product development life cycle
- Responsible for Design, developemnt and testing of sub system of LV circuit breaker like Mechanism, Arc chute, housing products like LV circuit breaker (ACB and MCCB).
- Expertise in design of sheet metal, plastic part design,different sensor selection and its integration.
- Ability to drive a technology design with a team of engineers both locally and remote
- Leverage Design for Six Sigma for reliable and on time launch of the projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical,Instrumentation engineering 4+ relevant experience.
- 4+ Yrs of experience design and development experience related to sub system like Mechanism, Arc chute, trip unit, housing used in products like LV circuit breaker (ACB and MCCB).
- Candidate should have experience in plastic and sheet metal parts.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology with examples of practical application.
- Understanding of basic mechanism and basics of low voltage circuit breakers
- Hands on experience in Mechanism design .
- Design and development experience related to products like LV circuit breaker (ACB and MCCB) trip unit
- Knowledge in Manufacturing of sheet metal plastic parts.
- A minimum 2-4 years of experience in LV circuit breaker sub system design and sensor intergation within circuit breaker and measurement.
- Good Knowledge of PLM like ENOVIA and modeling software Creo 7.0
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to customers, and technical staff.
- Creating business proposals, creativity, people management, project management.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No