At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
GDS SaT – TSE IT – IT M&A – Assistant Director – India
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Consultant within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
Transaction Strategy and Execution - IT works on the most complex and high-profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Director in Transaction Strategy and Execution – IT, you will be a vital member of the team supporting and executing operational focused projects. You'll assist with the execution of projects across all sectors, supporting our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions. Part of your role will also involve developing experience across a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and carve-out planning) and post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking). Having a commercial mind-set is key to this consulting-based role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking)
and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction).
- Lead work-streams comprising members of the client and colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices.
- Lead meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for pre-deal diligence, integration, carve-out / separation and
- Contribute to management of each engagement, including commercials and risks.
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarize analysis into management
insights and recommended actions at pace.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Be flexible to support on broader IT & Deals Strategy and Management work.
- Willingness to undertake international travel as per business requirement
• 13-15 years of prior experience with an IT Technology / Consulting organization or IT department of a large organization •
Ideally, you’ll also have
- B Tech / M. Tech. / MBA / PGDM (part time / full time) with B. Tech. from a reputed institute with a technology background.
- Lead large IT project execution experience with in-depth knowledge of IT project life cycles
- Expertise in a minimum of 2 of the following IT skillsets:
- IT strategy
- Enterprise architecture
- Digital Technology Strategy
- Digital IT operating model transformation
- IT cost reduction
- IT security
- IT shared services
- IT organization transformation
- ERP implementation
- Digital business enablement using digital technology enablers (i.e. advanced analytics, robotic process automation, virtual reality)
- Cloud SaaS/PaaS strategy and delivery
- Cloud IaaS migration planning and execution
- IT service management and TSA development
- IT finance management
- IT infrastructure management
- IT outsourcing / off-shoring
- IT contract management
- IT Diligence
- IT synergy identification
- Data separation and transition
- Certifications in Agile, Cloud, PMP, Six Sigma, TOGAF, etc highly desired
- Strong writing skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership
- Basic understanding of Financial concepts
What you can look for
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What working at EY offers
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
EY is committed to being inclusive in all dimensions of diversity to ensure every employee is able to be and bring their authentic self to work, every day.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.