At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
CT Technology Business Analysis - Assistant Director TR
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
Business Analysts will apply analytical knowledge areas and in-depth analysis of the business to uncover its true problems, understand its objectives, define the relevant requirements, business rules and identify design elements to support the application functions. Business Analysts have strong problem-solving skills and interact regularly with various professionals to generate value for the business. Business Analysts have several key touch points through the product lifecycle and will ensure that the solution will enable the business to achieve its objectives.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead the effort to plan, scope, gather, understand and analyze business requirements, and translates business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements
- Apply business analysis knowledge areas and creativity to drive requirements work effort ranging from planning, elaboration, analysis, validation to communication through
the different stages of the requirements lifecycle
- Strong analytical capabilities to decompose sophisticated business models, specify critical functions and identify inter-dependencies for design considerations
- Lead the effort to engage with business and technology partners to clarify application functions, processes and data flow to align business and technology capabilities
- Integrate the solution into the business workstreams, which may include the provision of enablement materials and training agenda to facilitate adoption and integration of
the product and processes into the business cycle
- Verify, through different testing practices (ex. UAT), that the solutions meet the functional specifications and resolve specified business problems
- Have awareness of technology components and their relevancy to the functional modules, especially their advantages in advancing business position and improving user journey
- Continuously advance the proficiency of business analysis and apply industry standard methodologies to promote forward thinking on the analysis of changing business
models and knowledge sharing across other domains
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to plan, lead and direct tactical activities to scope work effort and eventually capture business requirements for analysis, and prioritize features to produce required
- Knowledgeable and capable of conducting and handling requirements of varying complexity through its lifecycle and validating or presenting with business partners
and technologists on the requirements
- Excellent communication skills and confident to identify, negotiate and mitigate difficult circumstances (ex. demanding stakeholders, changing requirements scope)
- Have engaged in business case development incorporating broader enterprise view of the business value proposition, encompassing functional analysis, workflow
analysis, impact analysis (organization, cost) and risk analysis
- Have been involved in client training activities ranging from provisioning of quick reference or user guides, conducting functional walkthroughs, creating training nuggets
and addressing FAQs to integrate solution functions into business tactical activities
- Ability to engage and collaborate in diverse settings of people, perspectives and experiences
- A sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to listen and to think independently, and be a curious and creative person
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with significant role interacting with business and technology leaders to define business operations, workflows and technology solutions
- Direct experience and accountability in the functional architecture of products, product portfolios or solution accelerator with at least $3m of investment, $1m if using
leading cutting edge innovative technologies
- Have domain knowledge of one or more industries or sectors, with broad knowledge of current as well as emerging technologies
- Have experience in Agile framework participating directly in Agile practices and producing common artifacts
- Understand product development and delivery framework especially Agile framework, DevOps practices and micro services
- Significant relevant experience in either an internal or external business analysis role, or similar
- Significant technical knowledge and experience in delivering IT solutions, providing comprehensive technical advice and understanding user requirements
- Experience supplying to the formulation of business vision and strategy
- Strong partner management experience
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly coordinated, globally complementary team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: Developing the attitude and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success: We will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a significant impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We will give the insights, mentor and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Acceptance for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.