Senior Analyst - Research (Private Equity)
Job Summary :
The Private Equity (PE) Domain Analyst is responsible for delivering impactful analysis and insights specializing in the PE sector, per the key domain priorities, including:
- Working closely with market segments on providing value to PE accounts
- Creating distinctive insights to support the development, packaging, and commercialization of priority PE solutions globally
- Supporting the creation of PE trends decks, regional thought leadership pieces and thematic point-of-view articles within the team
- Contributing towards regional, service-line, and sector strategy
- The role requires combining analytical skills with a strategic mindset and a real-world perspective driven by an understanding of both clients' experiences and broader market drivers. This position also requires candidates to build awareness and understanding of EY Knowledge's full suite of products and services, which they can share with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Analysts work closely with the PE Knowledge Leadership team and the broader Analyst and Knowledge management team to support the PE leadership teams and other senior stakeholders by providing impactful research, analysis, and insight to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace. The Analyst will also work closely with knowledge specialists in other domains (e.g., in different sectors, service lines, or geographies) to deliver on cross-cutting topics and initiatives
Key Requirements :
- MBA/Master's degree or postgraduate qualification preferable
- Bachelor's degree and applicable relevant work experience can also be considered
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organizations in the relevant sector.
- Possess an understanding of PE or alternative asset classes, strong analytical skills, and the ability to develop a point of view.
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders and interfacing with stakeholders and internal customers at different levels of seniority.
- Willingness to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives.
- Previous experience of working on databases such as Capital IQ, Factiva, Merger market, etc.
- Collaborative and able to work well as part of a geographically dispersed multidisciplinary and multicultural project team.
- Proficient in English with well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise, and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at leading several projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Power BI. Good experience with large sets of data sets. Experience with data modelling, data analytics, and various data management tools is a plus.
- Comfortable with occasional travel and working flexible hours, across multiple time zones.