- The development, testing, support of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards
- Identification of problems and remedial actions.
- Provision of support services.
- Specification, code development, fixing, testing with some supervision.
- Documentation of all work according to agreed standards.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
Qualifications : Bachelors in Computer science or a related discipline.
- 6-8 years experience in application development & maintenance, system engineering and project management experience.
- Conversant in programming languages & application development tools e.g. recent versions of .Net, Oracle Design/Developer Tools, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder for Windows 7,Windows 2008 and Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, HTML, Business Objects.
- Oracle or SQL server as back end
- Knowledge in methodologies such as Agile and System Development Lifecycle
- Oil Industry knowledge.