The Network Engineer position provides a secure network infrastructure and resolves any network security related findings. Evaluate and analyze new technologies for potential applicability to business needs. Design, install, and support the network infrastructure capable of supporting the business processes at Citizens Energy Group. Design, test, and implement a disaster recovery process and procedures for the network infrastructure. Maintain a solid technical knowledge of computer hardware, software and applications available within the industry to support our current systems and assist in planning future directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to provide on-call support in a 24/7 environment and remedy network outages or other interruptions.
- Maintain existing network equipment, installing new equipment and replacing faulty equipment in plant environments. Vendor and warranty management for network hardware and software.
- Design, implement, document, and test Disaster Recovery process and procedures for network infrastructure
- Manage network infrastructure backup and recovery processes
- Security and critical IOS update patch management
- Advise team for network infrastructure-related issues
- Proactive monitoring of to identify outages, service degradation, or security threats and responding accordingly
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
- Design, implement, and maintain network infrastructure to meet SLA requirements
- Design, implement, and maintain Firewall infrastructure for internal and remote use.
- Design, implement, and maintain network management platform for proactive monitoring and management of network infrastructure
- Designing, maintaining, and effectively operating Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs), Wireless, Internet Connectivity, and Network Security
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedure manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
- Assist in development of business continuity and disaster-recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of the plan. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster-recovery plans
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This position will require an onsite presence and 80% local travel, as it will be supporting our utilities in the Greater Indianapolis Area
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Four-year degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Technology, MIS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of designing and supporting network devices and network protocols (Network switches, Firewalls, Wireless controllers and APs, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SIP and layer 2 protocols Spanning Tree, VPC, VDC and VTP).
- Experience with Watchgaurd Firewall, Active Directory, NPS, and RADIUS configurations
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team