Consultant (Infrastructure) - Deloitte
What impact will you make? :
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The Team :
- As a member of the Govt. Advisory in Operations Transformation team you will embark on an exciting and fulfilling journey with a group of intelligent and innovative globally aware individuals.
- We work in conjuncture with Indian and global financial institutions solving key business problems across a broad-spectrum roles and functions, all set against the backdrop of constant industry change.
Work you'll do :
- As a Consultant / Senior Consultant, you will work in an exciting and growing environment, collaborating with other colleagues to design and deliver innovative solutions to leading financial services clients spanning strategy to implementation. As part of these engagements, you will develop a deep understanding of client issues, gain deep domain expertise and assist in conceptualization of best-in-class solutions.
About Deloitte Infrastructure Consulting :
- Deloitte in India provides Consulting Services, Risk Advisory, Assurance, Tax and Financial Advisory Services. With over 6000 professionals in Deloitte Consulting, Deloitte renders a comprehensive range of services to domestic and international clients in areas of such as infrastructure, energy & resources, Government Policies, Public Sector, Government Organizations, Public Finance, Communications, IT & ITES, Banking and Finance, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG and other Manufacturing and Commercial sectors.
- Infrastructure Consulting in Deloitte has a team of over 100 professionals focusing providing advisory services to various Infrastructure sectors. The sectors include Water Supply & Sewerage, Urban & Rural Infrastructure Development, Waste Management (solid & liquid), Aviation, Roads & Highways, Bus Transport, Metrorail, Railways, Tourism, Ports, Energy and Resources, Social Sector (Health & Education).
Role & responsibilities :
- This role is specific to the Infrastructure Consulting team wherein the selected candidate will be expected to work in a team that provides advisory services to clients working in infrastructure sector. Typically, the services include strategic advisory & roadmaps, business planning, feasibility studies including financial modelling, project finance, PPP advisory, transaction advisory, market assessments, institutional development, process improvement, diagnostic surveys, project development, monitoring & evaluation, etc.
The selected candidate is expected to:
- Understand client requirements, project scope and deliverables; direct project delivery and client meetings under guidance of engagement manager; Contribute towards Assess-Design-Develop-Deliver-Monitor process in various modules / projects; team player and coordination with internal and external stakeholders etc.
- Overseeing work plans for client engagements and leading the delivery of defined project objectives (working on multiple projects), leveraging past domain experience and Deloitte tools & methodologies
- Working on business development under guidance of engagement manager, development of EoI/proposals, client presentations, achieving buy-in from key stakeholders and pursuit closure
Eligibility criteria and requirements:
- Post-graduation (management/ economics/ public policy) with bachelor's in engineering / economics
- Inclination to work in infrastructure sector or any experience in this sector would be an added advantage
- Consulting / advisory experience in areas of market assessments, feasibility studies, investment decisions, policy design, business development, process design / improvement will be added advantage
- Excellent business communication (written and oral) skills are a critical requirement.
- Passionate about Problem-solving and an attitude to leverage resources to best solve / address the task at hand
- Willingness to travel and adaptability to change
Your role as a leader :
- At Deloitte India, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
How you'll grow :
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development.
Programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our purpose :
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters.
Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world
Recruiter tips :
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to.
Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.