CORE BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Core Business Operations (CBO) is an integrated set of offerings that addresses our clients' core business issues. CBO provides a gamut of consulting services spanning advisory, implementation and operations. CBO practitioners help our clients transform, modernize, and run their existing technology platforms right from process design to implementation and finally ensuring roll-out transition.
CBO has four different offerings — Systems Engineering focused on design, delivery and support of large scale software applications and integrated systems; Cloud Engineering focused on end-to-end cloud services from migration strategy into transformation and cloud operations; Sector Packages focused on industry vertical, sector specific solutions that drive operational change and automate the core of the business; and Operations Transformation focused on creating a flexible, innovative business model for clients supported by a strong operations foundation. CBO serves clients across Life Sciences and Health Care, Government & Public Services and Financial Services among other industries.
As a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in the .NET technology stack. You will be responsible for independently lead the team and mentor junior team members, collaborating team across shores to understand the functional requirements and translate them into work products. You will be involved in end-to-end delivery of the project from estimations, planning and execution. You would also be responsible for tracking status and collecting metrics for analysis.
Work you’ll do
Lead and drive discussions with business and functional analysts and come up with technical architecture and design and help the team shape requirements and resolve ambiguities.
Understand the impacts of adapting different architectures and designs and present the same to all relevant stakeholders. Manage both functional and technical requirements while deciding on technical solutions.
Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects.
Manage project execution by defining the work-breakdown structure in accordance with the master project plan and track the progress.
Establish technical design / development guidelines, templates and standards and ensure that the team follows them.
Perform detailed reviews on deliverables. Provide technical guidance to the team members.
Interact with onsite clients, coordinator / scrum master, analyst and offshore development, support team and other cross-functional teams.
CBO practitioners work on design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to cloud based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector focused packages. As a .NET capability hire on this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or cloud based service.
B.E. / B. Tech / M.C.A. / M.Sc. (CS)
7 to 10 years of hands on technical experience on web / application development using .NET technology stack.
- 7-10 years of deep technical experience in . NET technology stack
- Ability to lead and drive discussions with Business and functional analysts and come up with technical architecture and design.
- Ability to work closely with functional analysts to shape requirements and resolve ambiguities.
- Should be able to understand the impacts of adapting different architectures and designs and should be able to communicate the same to all relevant stake holders.
- Should be able to manage both functional and technical expectations while deciding on technical solutions.
- Should be able to manage project execution by preparing sub plans in accordance with the master project plans and track the progress by being able to monitor it.
- Should be able to establish technical design / development guidelines, templates and standards and ensure that the team follows them.
- Should be able to perform detailed reviews on deliverables.
- Should be strong in OOPS concepts, C#, VB.net, collections, generic, reflection, multi-threading
- Should have experience in ADO.net /Entity Framework and any OR mapping engines (NHibernate)
- Ability to develop, WebAPI, Web Services, WCF to expose and consume.
- Should have on knowledge on Enterprise Library, CAB, SCSF, WCSF
- Should have experience on configuring IIS for Websites and Web Services
- Ability to write build/configuration scripts using Build tools (Ant, MS Build), MSI creation
- Should have experience on various design patterns and .NET patterns
- Should have experience on UML (Class, Sequence, Domain Model)
- Strong knowledge on RDBM concepts. Ability to Write SQL with complex joins, Stored procedures and should be able to use database functions in SQL Server/Oracle.
- Should have knowledge on Configuration Tools (TFS, VSS, CVS etc.). Nice to have continuous integration with any tool (Cruise Control)
- Knowledge on AJAX and supporting toolkit. Nice to have: Silverlight
- Knowledge on third party tools, Infragistics, Telerik Controls, and Component One etc.
- Knowledge on VSTO, OpenXML, NUnit, MS Test, Static Code Analysis, VBA, WF, WPF, BizTalk, SharePoint
- Experience on PL/SQL dev, SSIS, SSRS
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for articulating architecture and design principles.
Should have good team management skills.
Dynamic with a strong sense of responsibility and positive attitude.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
"“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Deloitte Tax LLP
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people.
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.