Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and analytical individual to join our team as a product analyst. As a product analyst, you will be responsible for driving product analysis and insights. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including product managers, designers, engineers, to understand the needs of our users and help inform the development of new product features. Role must be based in India.
Day in the Life
- Build close relationships with product managers to assist them to develop product roadmap and set priorities.
- Use data (SQL, Amplitude, etc…) to track and analyze product usage and user behavior
- Design and implement A/B tests to test hypotheses and measure the impact of product changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for product improvement and identify trends and patterns in user behavior
- Use data and insights to inform product development and recommend new features and improvements
- Validate data and leverage QA practices to ensure the integrity of your analyses
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create dashboards and reports to track key metrics and performance
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in product analytics
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- Hands-on experience with Amplitude or similar product analytics platform to create custom dashboard and reports to track key metrics and performance
- 2+ year industry data analysis experience with qualitative and quantitative methods and statistics (e.g., regression, cluster, decision trees, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing A/B tests. Ability to analyze and interpret A/B test results, including statistical significance and practical significance. Ability to communicate A/B test results and recommendations to cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience using statistical analysis software such as R or Python
- Proficiency in SQL and ability to write complex queries
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand and articulate the impact of product changes on company goals and objectives – ability to tell data stories.
- Experience working with product teams and understanding the product development process
- Pragmatic with the right ideals to evolve our analytics function with a strong focus on immediate, high value results; along with the ability to work without continual guidance
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What Sets You Apart
- Advanced knowledge of Amplitude's event-based data model and how to effectively track and analyze user behavior.
- Familiarity with Amplitude's segmentation and targeting features and how to use them to analyze user behavior and create targeted campaigns
- Experience working with Amplitude's API and integrating with other tools and systems.
- Knowledge of Amplitude's integrations with other platforms, such as CRM, marketing automation, and customer support tools
- Familiarity with best practices for A/B testing, including sample size calculation and ensuring the validity of tests
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker or Google Analytics
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. computer science, data science, statistics) or equivalent work experience
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.