Sr. Associate DBA
B.E/B.Tech/ BSc/ Graduation
SQL, AWS, Azure, AOAG, DR Technologies, SSIS, SSRS
Are you a seasoned SQL Database Administrator? Does working in a multi customer, multi domain environment on global scale motivates you? If yes, this role could be a good fit for you.
Datavail is seeking a highly skilled, self-motivated, and passionate SQL DBA to join our SQL Global Practice. As a SQL DBA, you will be working on the latest SQL technologies in the industry. This position is based out of our global delivery centers in Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore in India.
Datavail is one of the largest data-focused services company in North America and provides both professional and managed services and expertise in Database Management, Application Development and Management, Cloud & Infrastructure Management, Packaged Applications and BI/Analytics.
Why should you work at Datavail?
- Learn from a vast pool of global SQL DBAs with over 500 combined years of industry experience.
- You would be working with multiple customers in a multi domain environments.
- Work would range from On-Prem DB’s, AWS, Azure.
- Your Certifications would be on us.
- 100 days of working from home (since inception of Datavail).
- Future Opportunity for permanent deputation on H1B to work in US.
- Leverage the DV Training program to upscale the technical skills.
- 6+ years of SQL DBA or equivalent experience on administrating and managing SQL Server 2008\2008R2\2012\2014\2017\2019
- Managing and Administrating SQL Server 2008\2008R2\2012\2014\2017\2019 production and Non-production Servers.
- Installing & upgrading SQL Server 2008\2008R2\2012\2014\2017\2019 and its service packs on Windows Environment
- Experience in Database backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Experience in Windows Clustering, Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Always On.
- Knowledge in Reporting Services & Analysis Services.
- Performed daily tasks including using tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Trace.
- Well versed in SQL Server technical skills and should be able to drive the problems and provide technical solutions.
- Knowledge on creating SQL objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Proficient at Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge on third party tools such as – LiteSpeed, IBM Tivoli, RedGate, SolarWinds etc. would be an added advantage.
- Microsoft, Azure, AWS certifications would be a plus!
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations, security and compliance.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with internal team members and to work across the organization to achieve results.
- Professional communication skills - Ability to work effectively with mid and senior level contacts face to face, electronically and over the phone.
- Integrity – Words and actions are always consistent, and behaviour is always in accordance with highest ethical standards.
- Customer focus – Responsive, service oriented and attuned to customer needs.
- Technical acumen – Ability to grasp technical concepts and establish credibility with technical contacts.
- Process orientation – Ability to recognize process deficiencies and implement improvements.
- Database Administration of Microsoft SQL servers within co-lo, IaaS and PaaS Microsoft Azure environment including Azure Managed Instances.
- Working in 24*7 support model
- Providing support in non-production and production environments.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
- Reviewing service-related reports related to disk space, backups and alerting on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with Technical Operations team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Database Server Setup, Patching & Migration.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning, processes, procedures, testing and execution.
- Managing access control of SQL Server and databases.
- Exposure to one or more high availability technologies - AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Cluster, Database Mirroring, Replication and Log Shipping.
- Creation/handling/monitoring of SQL Jobs.
- Setup and monitoring of DB/Server Maintenance jobs and alerts.
- Ensure IT standards, audit and compliance requirements and controls are understood and adhered to.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.