Customer Success Engineers at Databricks help companies unlock the potential of their data. Our team's mission is to expand the adoption of Databricks through customer enablement and to accelerate our customers' time to get value from their Databricks implementation. You will contribute to technical discussions with data scientists, engineers, and BI analysts, share best practices, offer advice on new use cases and also demonstrate the value of Databricks in business discussions with customer executives. You will report to the Manager of Customer Success Engineering.
The impact you will have:
- You will manage the customer lifecycle and success plan for an assigned number of accounts, while partnering with teams such as Sales, Field Engineering, Product, Support, and Marketing.
- You will build relationships with each customer, and find areas where Databricks can provide the most value, through activities such as new customer onboarding, use case discovery, business reviews, product feature demos, and regular status calls.
- Achieve targets on renewal rates and expansion on assigned accounts.
- Engage with the product team to guide customer requests and establish our roadmap.
- Work with the technical support team and other core Databricks teams to ensure that customer requests and escalations are resolved.
- Become an expert in Databricks products and its open-source ecosystem! Customers will look to you for advice and expertise.
What we look for:
- Minimum 4 years experience working in customer-facing technical roles (in Customer Success, consulting, or related discipline)
- Languages: Python, or SQL
- Familiarity with the end-to-end data analytics workflow and with cloud architectures
- Experience with databases, data warehousing, or data science
- Problem solving skills that apply to a big data environment
- Experience managing customer challenges through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering)
- Travel may be involved depending on customer needs
These are a plus:
- Experience working with one of the following industries: Financial Services, Health & Life Sciences, Retail, Communications, Media & Entertainment, or Manufacturing
- Cloud Certification for AWS, GCP, or Azure (Associate Solutions Architect or similar)
- Experience working with large-scale data engineering technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, or Kinesis)
- Background in machine learning or working with ML tools and services
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems.