Assistant Manager, Marketing Automation
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent’s Global Demand Center is seeking an organized, strategic marketing professional to join our team as a Team Lead, Marketing Technology and Automation. Our ideal candidate is a skilled project manager with a passion for marketing technology, understanding of how marketing systems intersect, and interest in optimizing programs. In this role on the Marketing Technology and Automation team, you will serve as a Marketo subject matter expert and work with internal stakeholders on campaign scoping, data flow design, and ensuring the success of our marketing programs. You will support complex campaign builds, lead scoring, integrations, and roadmap projects.
We are looking for an individual with excellent technical and communication skills that thrives in a collaborative environment, who is willing to build relationships and get things done. While attention to detail is crucial, the ability to be flexible, think quickly on your feet, and fully understand dependencies and the “big picture” is also important.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop, build, and test marketing campaigns including engagement programs, complex default and event programs, campaigns leveraging Martech integrations, nurture programs, and more
- Be a leader in educating internal Marketo users on our instance best practices and how to operate within Marketo
- Support administration of our Marketo instance, including user role oversight, training and documentation, and system integrations
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the org to provide insights and capture business requirements needed to build Marketo campaigns that support business goals
- Work on troubleshooting, escalations, and urgent requests; facilitate feedback loops between sales and necessary marketing stakeholders
- Develop and execute journey-based marketing campaigns including assets, segmentation, list management, campaign flow, email, landing page and form creation, testing tracking
- Build and optimize best-practice program templates for internal Marketo users that utilize tokens, snippets, and more
- Optimize lead scoring and lead flow management programs to ensure lead follow up is efficiently and effectively managed between Sales and Marketing
- Support and contribute to the development of a holistic marketing automation platform strategy that supports long-term roadmap projects
What You Need For This Position
- 5+ years’ experience (both strategic and hands on) using Marketo.
- 5-7+ years of marketing and/or marketing operations experience
- Ability to understand business problems and resolve through the prioritized configuration of the marketing automation platform
- Ability to train and develop users to maintain high adoption rates of marketing automation platform and other Marketing technologies
- Good understanding of CRM (preferably Salesforce) system and setup
- Demonstrated project management experience: the ability to work with stakeholders to finalize requirements, create project plans, establish and communicate SLA’s, and to work with multiple business and technical stakeholders to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, teamwork, and future-thinking skills
- Ability to dig in to understand user requirements and expectations, and deliver on them
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many different moving parts
The following would offer a strong advantage:
- Marketo Certified Expert qualification
- Salesforce integration experience
- Experience with integrated marketing technologies like Cvent, Drift, Bizible, Vidyard, Opensense, Zoom, etc
- Relevant industry experience