VP- Market Risk- Credit Suisse- Mumbai
Your field of responsibility :
- The role is responsible for a high profile work-stream to deliver and further develop the Risk Appetite Framework for CS.
- It is concerned with determining the types and levels of risk to which the Bank is willing to be exposed in order to achieve our financial objectives.
- Close interaction with the businesses, risk experts and senior CRO executives is crucial to the successful delivery of the frameworks.
Core tasks will involve :
- Allocation of risk appetite from Credit-Suisse Group to legal entities/ branches and divisions
- Liaising with senior partners (i.e. Divisional/LE CROs, Finance & Business) to explain risk metric movements and drivers of the various models used within Risk; be able to explain risk model linkage to capital, earnings, limit setting and the risk appetite process.
- Preparation of high quality presentations and analysis for a diverse audience from senior management, to risk management committees and non-risk forums
- Researching and developing appropriate methodologies and processes to establish Risk Appetite for CS, including updating of policies, procedures and risk appetites statements
- Preparation of various regulatory submission material on Risk Appetite Framework to FINMA, Fed and other supervisory colleges
- Exhibiting strong partner management skills to ensure that task owners deliver on their commitments
- Understanding movements and drivers of risk metrics down to the business line and product level, and to be able to discuss this level of detail within Risk to ascertain the trading strategy behind such positioning
- Ability to operate autonomously, to drive multiple projects/tasks forward in parallel and to produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management with minimal required revision
Your future colleagues :
- The role is for a risk manager within the Credit Suisse Group and Parent Risk Appetite as part of Group Enterprise Risk Management.
- The individual will be expected to participate in several key inter and intra department relationships, and be responsible for delivering the comprehensive Risk Appetite Allocation for Credit Suisse Group and Parent and for the further development of the Risk Appetite Framework with respect to firm-wide strategic objectives.
- The role will be embedded within a wider team working on the risk appetite of Business Divisions and key Credit-Suisse subsidiaries, ensuring an integrated bank-wide approach is in place across all organizational dimensions.
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience :
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Outstanding understanding of broad risk measurement frameworks, including Market Risk (e.g. VaR) or Credit Risk management as it applies to Private/Retail Banking or to Investment Banking
- Knowledge of Internal Capital Models such as Stress Testing or Economic Risk Capital frameworks
- Understanding of balance sheet accounting consolidation/non-consolidation rules, firm-level financial ratios and typical strategic financial objectives/targets
- The highest standard of written English, and experience in producing formal high quality documentation
- Knowledge of other areas such as Liquidity Risk or Capital Management would also be an additional asset
- Experience within a risk department of a large bank or a consultancy firm
- Ideally, experience in limit setting and in the design or implementation of Risk Appetite and wider Risk Frameworks, or previous experience in an Enterprise Risk function
- Outstanding product knowledge across a diverse range of products in Private/Retail Banking or Investment Banking
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a numerate field
- Professional or post-graduate qualifications within a relevant field i.e. ACA/ACCA, CFA, FRM, PhD would be an added advantage
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer :
- Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
- We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
- Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.