The Global Programme Group (GPG) works with the Firm's leadership to shape and deliver the Firm's strategy as part of an orchestrated programme of change.
The role of a Project Manager sits within the GPG, which is the function charged with delivering the business benefits of the GPG programme of change. The GPG Project Management team (same comment as above here too) adds value through the attitude, knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
The role of the Project Manager is to shape and deliver the business benefits outlined in the Business case within the agreed tolerances of time, cost and quality. The role incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of large and complex project lifecycle covering the overall, planning, management, co-ordination and financial control.
The core focus area of the Project Manager will be to work with business and GPG Portfolio Manager to understand the need for a change, contribute in creation of a business case for the desired change, and set-up a project organisation with participation from multi-discipline teams to deliver the expected outcomes.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring project coordinators and project leads aligned to her/him.
The role incumbent will be accountable for delivering large and complex projects (business and system alike) with a primary focus on benefits realization and will hold the following accountabilities:
- Provide day to day project team leadership and matrix management to motivate and inspire multi-discipline project teams to deliver project milestones according to agreed project schedule.
- Collaborate with business and GPG Portfolio Manager to prepare the business case to elicit the need for change and organize for its approval by appropriate governance forums.
- Work with minimum supervision to set-up a project organisation structure.
- Build and own client and stakeholder relationships at executive levels during and beyond the project duration.
- Elicit business needs and requirements translating them into clearly documented application and operational requirements.
- Contribute to the analysis, documentation and proposition of solution options ensuring the options are based on sound commercial and financial judgement.
- Ensure projects start, progress and finish with a defined and detailed scope including time, cost and governance parameters and any deviations are skillfully managed and controlled through change control processes available.
- Develops, reviews and gains agreement of project plans, allocates resources and work packages to accomplish project objectives.
- Provide and maintain the link between business requirements and the delivery plan.
- Ensure sufficient resources and skill sets are available in order to meet all project targets agreeing resource requirements throughout the project team with the relevant managers, escalating where necessary.
- Undertake cost management, in liaison with the finance and commercial support teams, including time, resource and cost forecasting with associated change management.
- Provide accurate project status reports against milestones, project expenditure against budget and benefit realization to all stakeholders.
- Plan and mitigate project risks to acceptable levels to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved, communicating all risk mitigation steps relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and communicate various project related documentation including; Project Board information, project briefs, exception reports and options papers.
- Utilize the Clifford Chance project management methodology (the Delivery Framework) and project management tools to plan, manage and communicate throughout every stage of the project.
- Participate in the development and organic learning of the Clifford Chance Delivery Framework and project management techniques.
- Ensure projects comply with all internal Clifford Chance policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develop and execute project communication plans.
- Contribute to the lessons learnt process and champion organizational learning.
- Undertake recruitment of various roles within GPG as and when needed and approved by the Director of Global Programme Group.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the project team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The role incumbent will possess the following skills and knowledge, preferably practiced in a law firm or other similar professional services company:
- An overall experience of around 9 years with a minimum of 7 years in project management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prince2/PMP required, MSP, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management qualifications are an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages including Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel along with PM tool Clarity.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading and delivering large scale complex projects, requiring management of medium-term and long-term timeframes, financials, large multi-discipline project teams, including third party suppliers.
- Seasoned delivery champion with specific experience of delivering to business-critical projects.
- High degree of business and commercial acumen.
- Ability to lead, develop and manage multi-disciplinary teams across multiple global locations.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and showcase effective team management skills while leading by example.
- A strong desire to solve problems and contribute to a positive and supportive learning environment.
About the Firm
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
We are a purpose-driven business with core values at the heart of everything we do, we actively demonstrate what it means to do the right thing both internally and externally. We want to create a space where everyone feels respected, included, valued and listened to and our values are demonstrated through our behavior. Our Code of Conduct is value based and embodies five Principles – Act with Integrity, Be Inclusive, Embrace Challenge, Speak Up and Act Responsibly.
We offer you the opportunity to join a global law firm with one of the most pre-eminent legal practices in the world. We have an established presence in India for more than ten years, delivering value and supporting Clifford Chance offices across the globe in the areas of Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance, Business Research, Legal Support, Document Production, Project Management and Continuous Improvement. We have been certified as a 'Great Place to Work' in India for implementing people practices that foster collaboration and enable employees to reach their full potential. We are proud of the colleagues who work for us and of the service that together we provide, many of whom are experts in their own sectors. Join us and you will experience, first-hand, the one firm, one team approach that makes working at Clifford Chance so different.
To find out more about what it is like to work in Clifford Chance in India, please visit add site link.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience an equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, color, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks. Find out more here