What will you be doing in your role at Ciena?
We are looking for stellar software engineers to work on the team developing the Blue Planet Orchestration platform services and software development kit (SDK). You will:
- Develop and improve language servers for Blue Planet IDE by building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Provide o ptimizations that fulfills UI needs for usability, maximum performance and scalability
- Work closely with the Blue Planet front-end and backend developers, solution teams, and customers to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle – plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and train
Areas of impact:
You will be working as a “ Blue Planet software engineer ” creating and supporting features in “I DE - Integrated Development Environment ” running on Blue Planet orchestration platform that service providers use to build and manage service templates . You will be leveraging full stack development skills & design thinking principles to craft a visual IDE (UX, UI driven approach), balancing the user experience and functionality for simplifying the “Service Templates” development.
Blue Planet is based on a modern software architecture that leverages open-source technologies, model-driven templates and container-based micro-services. Blue Planet facilitates the evolution toward more efficient, modernized network operations and software-defined programmability to accelerate the delivery of on-demand services, reduce costs, and enable a path to increased network autonomy.
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor ’s / master's in computer science or equivalent experience in the field of engineering
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms & OOP/ design patterns
- Motivation to work on UI layers within Telecom and Networking domain
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and frameworks
- Ability to write understandable, reliable and testable code with minimum supervision
Desirable knowledge or experience in (a plus – not mandatory):
- Distributed, highly available systems running at large scale
- Experience building user-interface on RESTful webservices built using Node.js runtime
- Cloud environments (e.g., Docker, AWS , Kubernetes etc.,)
- Basic understanding of TOSCA Modelling
- Experience with IDEs & it’s powerful capabilities for building and maintaining software ( e.g VS code, WebStorm or any other open source cloud-based IDEs )