The candidate will be responsible for the overall cloud strategy, architecture, and incorporation of cloud-first practices in the organization. They will contribute deeply to system design, solution, and architecture to build industry-leading applications and data platforms on the cloud The Candidate will ensure that the systems on the cloud are architected for fault tolerance, high availability, scalability, cost effectiveness and performance.
- Defines architecture and roadmap for the organization to be on the cloud
- Prepare technical direction and roadmap for cloud migrations and manage the implementation and technical solutions.
- Create systems and/or assist in large-scale migrations to the cloud without impact, data loss and minimal downtime
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Create baseline cloud architecture for infra and applications and create tooling/systems for the development team to be productive without having to worry about the end deployment state.
- Evaluate cloud best practices, reference architectures, techniques and software
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Define, Measure, and Improve Reliability Metrics, Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions),
- Ops process (Incident, Problem Management) and streamline - automate release management.
- Partner professionally with business groups and resources across organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation as and when required.
- Provide technical mentorship and direction to multiple software development teams on projects with a high level of complexity.
- Ensuring that cloud cost and usage are monitored regularly and required interventions are actioned on.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Expected Years of Experience - 15+
- Bachelor& #39 s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant field.
- Master's or relevant Licensing or certifications will be preferred.
- 18 years or more experience with systems engineering/systems architecture, including Services Oriented Architecture
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including system architecture, system design, and/or system implementation.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure components, including virtual machines, storage, network, and security services.
- Experience in designing and implementing data storage and management solutions in the cloud, including
- relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data lakes.
- Experience in migrating applications and data from on-premises environments to the cloud and should be
- able to design and implement migration strategies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a demonstrated history of high-level technical expertise.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current computing trends.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.