The Change.org Foundation works in countries, especially Asia, Africa and Latin America, to strengthen civic leadership. In addition to empowering citizens to win large online campaigns, we have been expanding our model to provide campaign and leadership training. The Change.org Foundation is registered as a 5103c nonprofit in the US. She Creates Change is a flagship programme that has trained and maintained a community of over 230 women campaigners, and is ready to expand globally.
Asia has been an innovation hub for the programme with a series of experiments and delivery models to showcase depth. We are now preparing our plans for a more scalable model in Asia. We are looking for an experienced professional with a strong background in training to support the expansion of She Creates Change and to coordinate our campaign leadership training. We want to support thousands of potential women changemakers from marginalised communities and activists to become effective campaigners and social change leaders through online training.
Your job priorities would include:
Drive Training Implementation in the region
- You will work closely with the Director of Training to prepare annual plans and goals for the region
- You will coordinate all planning, scheduling, organizing related to execution of training
- You are accountable for testing various delivery models and developing plans for online and offline engagements
- You will support the changemaker pool with planning and organizing regional labs
- You may be required to travel for meetings & workshops
- You will work closely with the Campaigns Team, with the support of the Country Director, to ensure post-training support to changemakers
- You will also coordinate all local events, meetings
- You are also required to find collaborators, artists and storytellers as needed to meet the learning outcomes
Support the Process of Curriculum Development
- You will work closely with the She Creates Change team on e-learning & training curriculum to design training and online modules based on effective experiential learning principles
- You will implement the training programme and ensure that the curriculum integrates different learning elements such as campaign skills, personal development and agency building, community building and community development skills with the support of the Campaigns Team and the She Creates Change team
- Participate and contribute to all conceptualisation, development and testing of content as well as integrate success indicators, assessment and feedback systems into the curriculum
- Support the She Creates Change team, which will lead on learning experience and design, by maintaining an active feedback loop between them and the users
Drive an Active Community Engagement Strategy
- Work closely with the She Creates Change team, to create and implement the vision and the strategic plan for the She Creates Change community
- Build the online community architecture and support the vision of a global network of alumni
- Innovate and experiment with ideas to engage and sustain a rapidly growing online community
- Develop strategy for community responsibilities for participants and community manager
- Oversee the organising and building of the community.
- Be willing to fail, learn from failures, and make course corrections as the community evolves
Be Accountable for Project Planning and Implementation-
- Developing an effective project plan along with the She Creates Change team
- Oversee the overall delivery of the project
- Planning quarterly deliverables with the She Creates Change team, as well as developing and managing work plans.
- Ensuring that the agreed targets and objectives of the project are met
- Overall responsibility of ensuring the quality and cohesion of project outputs
- Reporting on progress to national and international teams and external stakeholders
- Seamlessly anchor all stages of the training process including applications, recruitment, planning, implementation as well as evaluation phase including documentation & reporting
- You will manage a pool of consultants & facilitators effectively to plan, implement and deliver on the work plan and overall project goals
- Develop and manage all training goals, while ensuring adequate resourcing and delegation of tasks
- You will also oversee volunteer management during events or as the need arises
What this Role Requires:
- At least 6-8 years of experience working in non profit organisation on building and implementing training, with a fair share of successes and failures to learn from
- A good understanding of how in-person and online training differ, and how this can differ across languages, culture, gender, internet access and life experience
- An openness and enthusiasm for blended learning pedagogy and work at scale
- Knowledge and understanding of effective project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups across different cultures
- Experience in embedding with teams to learn, evaluate and iterate in a fast and flexible way
- Understanding of the Change.org platform, the Change.org Foundation and how issue-based online campaigning works
- Good knowledge of the sector and best practices from a diversity of organisations
- Openness to travel (as applicable under COVID-19 travel advisories) when required for meetings and workshop delivery
- Previous experience working remotely across cultures, time zones and being able to shift priorities to deliver high-quality output
Bangalore or New Delhi, India
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a FULL TIME role with an annual CTC salary of starting 18 Lakhs per annum based on experience and potential of the candidate. In exceptional circumstances, we may offer below the listed salary for high potential candidates with less experience, or above it for candidates with significantly more experience.
We are accepting applications until 30th November 2021. We anticipate moving very quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
STEP 1 - Interview with the Global Executive Director and Global Training Director, Change.org Foundation
STEP 2 - Assignment completion & evaluation
STEP 3 - Culture interview with the training team
Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.