We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us.
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Software Engineer.
Celonis USA is the fastest-growing division of one of the world’s fastest-growing companies. Come join us on the ground floor with a friendly team led by experienced ex-FAANG coworkers in the Core Mining and Query Engine team. The Core Mining Engine enables our customers to interactively execute process mining over enterprise-sized data sets. In order to handle the strong growth of our customer base and their demands we heavily invest in the performance and scalability of the Core Mining Engine.
Join us if you want to grow in your engineering knowledge, your career and leave your mark on a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for senior backend developers who enjoy building systems with the capability to manage big data. Within our Query Engine and Core Mining teams, we are looking for a senior C++ Software Engineer, who develops and implements new features and algorithms for our core engine and increases the reliability and performance of existing components. With your general knowledge of working with modern C++, coupled with experience in developing high-performance large-scale data processing systems, you will create new, innovative algorithms and operators for our query engine.
The work you’ll do:
- Identify and implement novel query optimization, transaction management, or distributed data processing algorithms in the Core Mining Engine
- Analyze and understand performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system and solve them
- Deal with issues from logical representations of the execution plan to efficient resource management, all the way down to highly parallel vectorized execution
- Design and implement critical high-performance systems to handle the ever-growing request rate on our database
- Evangelize best practices in database usage and end-to-end architecture
- Set an example for and mentor and grow your teammates
- Recognize and take action to improve the developer work environment
- Write clean, understandable, and testable code
- Provide feedback on the designs and code of peers
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Document development procedures, concepts and knowledge
- Build, launch, and maintain features in production
- Help define a fun and inclusive engineering culture
The qualifications you need:
- BS in Computer science; Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Significant background in database internals or building core components (query optimization, query execution, storage engines, transaction processing) for large-scale data processing systems (e.g., Apache Doris, ClickHouse, etc)
- Experienced in programming with C++ (17)
- Have an analytical mind and a good understanding of complex data structures and algorithms in data management
- Have a curiosity about how things work and a desire to improve them
The base salary range below is for the role in the specified location, based on a Full Time Schedule.
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
The base salary range below is for the role in New York, based on a Full Time Schedule.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.
Accessibility and Candidate Notices