- Software product development, in Python, C++, and Linux, in an agile framework.
- Your development responsibilities will be primarily in three areas; real-time audio processing (e.g., altering audio while maintaining synchrony in duplex conversations); integration APIs and protocols (text, VoIP, signalling, logging, configuration, ...); and application-level functionality (e.g., business logic, monitoring, failover, - ).
- Provide expertise and engineering for call center integration and trends (e.g., vendor variations in protocols, rcs and webrtc for voice calls, - )
- Identifying, specifying and/or prototyping new functionality, and, generally, devising innovative solutions to customer problems and opportunities, in collaboration with the team at large.
- Learn and use new tools and technologies.
- Support QA, by contributing to test suites and to automated test frameworks.
- Customer technical support.
Experience and Skills required:
- B.E. or equivalent, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 6+ years work experience in software development, using C++ and python in a linux environment.
- At least two years- experience with telecom, call center integration, and VoIP, including developing and deploying code that directly interacts with SIP protocols, rtp packets, and the like.
- Software engineering experience with one or more of the following:VoIP protocols (SIP, RTP), audio processing.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: real-time systems, event-driven systems, data engineering, audio processing, machine learning, natural language processing, speech recognition.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively in a team and as a self-directed individual contributor.
- Curious about how things work, energized by technical challenge.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within the office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for long periods, use hands and fingers for typing and to handle computer controls. Heavy phone and computer usage is required for this position.