We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Engineer with expertise in building scalable, extensible solutions for our innovative products; identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks; collaborating with other team members across teams to innovate current/new products; advocating and encouraging best engineering practices. You have to make decisions for imperfect and dynamic requirements with the zeal of building them to deliver. Our engineering process is fully agile and has a really fast release cycle - which keeps our environment very energetic and fun.
- Architect, design, and develop complex, scalable, extensible, cross-functional solutions for our innovative products.
- Act as a problem solver for the problems in CaaStle infrastructure that require decision-making with imperfect information and a variable environment.
- Identify, influence, and participate in making technical decisions that have a positive impact on engineering and business as a whole.
- Problem-solving involves complex interactions and constraints imposed by systems, processes, people and physical goods.
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency, cost optimizations, and process improvement
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks, and collaborate with other team members across functions to innovate/improve current/new products by suggesting improvements to the software system.
- Identify, communicate, and implement best practices for the CaaStle infrastructure.
- You will advocate for good, clean, well-documented, and performing code; follow standards and best practices.
- Plan, execute, deliver, and review all projects in your domain of ownership.
- Influence senior management/architects, advocate peers, and occasionally lead junior team members on tech strategy decisions.
- Collaborate with senior architects on cross-team conflict resolution; own and work on conflict resolution with support from senior management.
- Contribute to engineering tools, innovative technology and processes feedback.
- Influence, advocate, and guide best engineering ethics, standards, and practices.
- Participate in engineering leadership brainstorming sessions.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Education: Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science
- 7-10 yrs recent hands-on experience of working on scalable systems and a diverse set of products/systems.
- Java stack. Hands-on experience with the development and troubleshooting of services.
- SQL and NoSQL databases and Hadoop stack.
- System Design of complex Supply-Chain e-commerce systems, Algorithm design, and their optimization is a huge plus.
- Strong working knowledge of any REST-based framework, OOPS, and Design Patterns
- Expert-level experience in building fault-tolerant and scalable platforms.
- Development of NodeJS APIs and ability to do production debugging, troubleshooting, and performance benchmarking in middle layer-based systems.
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS framework preferably Express, TypeScript, and Design Patterns.
- Advanced knowledge of front-end JS frameworks preferably React, Backbone, Angular, etc.
- Strong verbal and written (technical) communication and able to work across teams like Business, Product, Engineering, Analytics, and App Engineering seamlessly.
- Ability to deliver great results in an agile development
- Exposure to open-source libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, review, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multi-location organization).
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience in the evaluation and integration of third-party systems and libraries and independent completion of POC. Prior experience in integrating with any 3rd party for use in e-Com applications is a plus.
- Passion for performance benchmarking and debugging.