Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
CSAR engineer is expected to have an understanding of IMS/SDM Knowledge and Unix-like Operating Systems. The primary function is to utilize this knowledge to prepare Cloud Service Archive (CSAR) delivery, considering the overall architecture and capabilities of the systems.
- Have experience deploying the below network elements as either VNF or CNF on CBIS/CBAM/CBND
- Understand Openstack, CBIS/CBAM, Heat Templates for VNF deployment
- Understand NSD Work Flows/Helm Charts/Helm Value Files for CNF deployment
- Understand the vNF’s requirements for artifacts that support instantiation, configuration, security and post-install
- Work with PM to understand the target release, and delivery schedule
- Provide a schedule for the CSAR delivery to PM team
- Work with the Design team to review the design parameters for correctness and completeness
- Map the design information the appropriate parameters in the vNF’s respective bulk-config files
- Work with available tools that is used to help generate the bulk config files
- Work with the PM and License teams to generate the appropriate set of licenses required
- Identify and use the appropriate MSO template for the given vNF and release required by the customer
- Work with the MOP team to identify the USI #s required and request them for use with the CSAR
- Generate the bulk-config files and related supporting files to package in the CSAR
- Instantiate the system in the Lab environment utilizing Lab specific values for the environment and workarounds
- Configure the vNF for being able to run the audit tool
- Configure the audit server server to communicate with the vNF
- Run the audit tool and correct any errors reported. May have to report errors with the audit tool to the various teams
- Package the CSAR for delivery to the customer updating release notes, and any supporting data with the delivery’s README
- Upload the CSAR and MD5SUM to the customer repository
- Validate the CSAR was uploaded correctly and was not corrupted
- Send out a delivery notice to the project team distribution using the notification template
- Address any NCT / CARES tickets that come in associated with the CSARs delivered
- Provide support to the MOP team for the related services CSARs.
- Feedback any steps or corrections required in the MOPs to ensure that the bulk-config matches the design values
- Bachelor's and/or master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Advanced level of English language skills.
- Self-starter, demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude and open to learn new things
- Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Strong communications skills to interact with the R&D organizations and where necessary, customers
- Self-driven, independent and passionate with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to understand customer perspective and end-use-cases to define product behavior
- Professional engineering environments using HP, Oracle, Solaris, Linux etc.
- IMS solutions knowledge and experience in developing solutions with functionally similar platforms are plus (e.g CFX-5000, NTAS (BCS), NTAS (SCC-AS), NTAS (PCM), NTAS (PRS), CCF, dMRF, NetNumber DNS/ENUM, SBC, HSS, SDL, PGW, PS-XDMS, NDAP, CCTF, TAF etc.)
- Having working knowledge on the following protocols, interfaces, platforms and technologies: 3GPP, 3GPP2, SIP, SS7, ANSI-41, IMS, HSS, CSCF, MRF, NTAS, ENUM, RTP, DNS, and IP routing
- Hands-on experience on one of Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia IMS/SurePay/SDM/vDRA Products
- Experience on commercial Databases (SQL, MariaDB, Oracle …etc)
- This is all remote work. Ability to work US Pacific time zone hours. (8-hours initially but can be scaled back to 4-hours after fully trained)
- Production Experience with CFX-5000, NTAS (BCS), NTAS (SCC-AS), NTAS (PCM), NTAS (PRS), CCF, dMRF, NetNumber DNS/ENUM, SBC, HSS, SDL, PGW, PS-XDMS, NDAP, CCTF, TAF