Director - Product Management
Byju's is the creator of India's most loved school learning app and online live classes which offers highly adaptive, engaging and effective learning programs for students in classes 1 -12 (K-12) and competitive exams like JEE, NEET, CAT and IAS.
Our flagship product, for classes 4-12 was launched in 2015. Today, the app has over 50 million registered students and 3 million annual paid subscriptions. With an average time of more than 1 hour being spent by a student on the app every day from 1700+ cities, the app is creating a whole new way of learning through visual lessons.
Role Description :
In Product Management team, we work as a team that tries to bring in absolute best in each other, focusing on actions, outcomes and results.
Here are some of the aspects of our product culture that we can promise you.
- Work with bright, curious & energetic colleagues
- Be fully remote during Covid Times & Stay Safe!
- Be challenged to learn and grow when we scale up fast.
- Build products for students across the world
- Work on Cutting Edge Ed-tech Products including hardware & software
We are at an exciting stage in our product journey where
we are expanding internationally and will be working on a new set of hardware products along with making our current offerings best in class for our customers and we are looking for product leaders who can help us to grow faster towards our mission.
As the Director - Product Management or above, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and few tactical product initiatives leading a team of high calibre Product Management Professionals. He / She will work closely with the senior product leadership to define features, build roadmaps, and work with all teams on the product development efforts, and will strive to set the product and the company on a course to stay relevant and valuable in the long term.
Must Have Skills :
- Product Management from First Principles - ability to think strategically around a business and customer using first principles
- Logical bend of mind - ability to handle ambiguity and solve problems in a data driven manner
- Good story teller - ability to create and sell a story, motivate all towards a vision
- Execution focused - ability to infuse execution, milestone focused through the team
- Strong communication - ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Honest - ability to acknowledge and accept mistakes, seek help when in need and use influence to solve potential problems before they occur
- Dependable - ability to stand by the team and seen as a source of stability and clarity
- Hiring Mindset- Setting up and hiring a team of stellar product professionals and inspire them to perform at their best at the highest level possible.
- 12 to 15 years of Industry and Product Management experience in a leading consumer internet company or startup managing products through various stages of life cycle.
- Demonstrated Ability to lead teams and mentor junior product managers in previous roles
- Strong academic record, in Computer Science or a related field such as Math, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Masters preferred
- Define the product vision working with other PM Leaders and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated capability of building a seamless and pleasurable consumer focused product with a strong understanding of the Indian consumer needs.
- Knowledge in developing elegant and simple feature functionalities which delivers world-class user experience.
- Define the product vision after speaking to customers, working with other PMs and business stakeholders and sales teams
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis, market and user research to understand the emerging trends in the ed-tech industry to identify new opportunities
- Lead product discovery with designers, engineers and business stakeholders to identify and solve for user value, usability, technical and business risks
- Transform user and business problems into validated solutions using technology, data science and analytics, support processes and marketplace policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders. Work closely with Engineering and Business to drive Product roadmap
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize tasks. Prior experience working with engineering through complete technology product lifecycle.
- Strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- A track record of working in successful product teams with million+ users
- Have business and tech savvy and provide thought leadership by monitoring industry and technology trends
- Must be an innovative, strategic thinker and must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing priorities