Job Title : Assistant Manager - Direct Taxation and Compliance.
Department : Finance
Reporting To : Manager - Taxation and Compliance
Location : Mumbai
Short Brief on role :
The position will report to the Manager - Taxation and Compliance and will be a part of the direct tax team. Among the regular tasks, focus will be on compliances related to shipping industry like DIT clearances, tax litigations and general ledger management for tax accounts.
Key Responsibilities :
- Monitoring Statutory Compliance - TDS monthly payment, returns, queries etc
- Monthly tax and deferred tax computation and reporting to HO.
- Filing Income tax returns, Tax Audit Return, Transfer Pricing Return of Agencies and Principal.
- Liaison with tax department for obtaining DIT certificates, monitoring submission of Vessel Voyage return and related compliances
- Co-ordinating with tax consultant and monitoring of litigation
- Preparation of documents for dividend remittance to HO
- Compliance with ROC requirements, prepare minutes of board meetings and AGMs
- Issue and withdraw Power of Attorney (POA) as per directions from Management.
- Filing annual FC-GPR,FLA return with Reserve Bank of India
Key Performance Standards :
- Adherence of compliance deadlines as per law
- Effective completion of tasks within deadlines set by the Management/HO
- Managing tax liabilities and compliances in the most efficient manner
- Adherence to group/corporate policies whilst performing tax related tasks
Requirements and Specific Skills :
- CA with minimum of 5/7 years of relevant experience (preferred shipping industry)
- Well versed with Income Tax and Companies Law
- Working knowledge of Indirect tax
- Must have handled Income Tax department interactions
- Good administrative and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Oracle/SAP