Burckhardt Compression is the worldwide market leader for reciprocating compressor systems, and the only manufacturer and service provider that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Its customized compressor systems are used in the gas gathering and processing, gas transport and storage, refinery, chemical, petrochemical as well as in the industrial gas and hydrogen mobility and energy sectors. Burckhardt Compression’s leading technology, broad portfolio of compressor components and the full range of services help customers around the world to find the optimized solution for their reciprocating compressor systems. Since 1844 its highly skilled workforce has crafted superior solutions and set the benchmark in the gas compression industry.
Description of position: Field Service Representative Global Grade: 8
Supervisor: Head – Field Service
Main task of position:
- Execute overhaul, erection and commissioning of Reciprocating Compressor system &panel.
- Overhauling / annual Maintenance Contract / operation & maintenance of package.
- Global assignment as an FSE for mechanical installations of compressors
- Independent Erection & commissioning
- A basic electrical understanding – various types of starter panels, control panels etc.
- Inspection, revision, revamp & dismantling of compressor and auxiliary parts
- Contact person at site for customer, agents, contractor and project manager
- Consolidated reports and records
- Active assistance at turn-key projects, together with site-coordinator of BC or customer side
- Provide onsite solutions to resolve the issues.
- The ability to analyse situations and make a decision and provide immediate feedback to Customers to keep the machines active and running.
- Responsible for complaint management and offering solution to resolve complaints.
- Supervise and perform mechanical minor and major overhaul.
- Responsible for complaint analysis, fault analysis and rectification and find the root cause of the problems. Keep updated on field problem and issues
- Timely resolution of contractual and warranty issues in the most cost-effective manner.
- Enhance customer satisfaction through timely services and better technical support and services.
- Achieve Services division business targets.
- Forecast materials and services required to execute jobs in the quickest time.
- Manage warranty claim parts to the client.
- Facilitate recovery management.
- Instruction and training of customer personal
- on maintenance and operation procedures.
- Build competence of team members for superior performance.
- Maintain a well defined quality system across the department.
- To develop technical skills to maintain and enhance Burckhardt’s value proposition to the Customer. Seek higher level skills through in-house training & development initiatives
Education / Experience:
- BE/ B. Tech or DME with Mechanical Engineering with min. 2-6 years of experience
- Previous Customer service experience in field support in Refineries, Petrochemicals/ fertilizers, Industrial Gas segment with reciprocating compressors / Engines (DR / NEA/ IR /company) preferred.
- Service mentality with a certain commercial sense
- Previous experience in using hand, hydraulic, pneumatic power tools, material handling equipment such as power operated overhead cranes, hand pallet trucks etc. Must be able to lift weights up to 20 Kg manually
- High Energy level, Flexible, Disciplined / Punctual. Ready for extensive travel. Good Physique.
- Able to read and comprehend Operation and Maintenance Manuals, P& I diagram, and other project related written documents in English
- Relevant experience of sales of spare parts of compressors/pumps/valves
- Good Communication skill. (written & verbal communication with customer) Presentation & Training experience
- Analytical skill, technical decision making.
- Should possess skills like Computer knowledge, ISO documentation etc.
- Good grasping power, self-motivated & ready to take challenge
- Good business acumen.
- Knowledge of ERP system
Burckhardt Compression offers interesting work and excellent development opportunities within a diversified and international environment. Attractive working conditions and an open corporate culture, lived in daily values, are our advantages.