Posted Date: November 25, 2021
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Req #: JR4326
Job Category: Information Technology
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Line of Business : Brambles
Function/Department: Information Technology, Global SAP Applications Team
Position Title* & Location : Systems Analyst –India (SAP MM Techno Functional)
Position Purpose :
The Systems Analyst in the Applications ERP Services and Solutions global group adds value to CHEP’s SAP applications and to the business through their extensive specialist knowledge of one or more SAP functional modules; through knowledge of their integration with other systems modules; and through constructive teamwork with the business and other IT teams throughout the CHEP world.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for the specification and configuration of CHEP’s Procurement and accounts payable processes to meet current and future business needs. The Systems Analyst works closely with the Business Analyst to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance SAP functionality. This position also supports major projects and must be filled by a motivated person who can work on their own.
Scope : Global
The Key Performance Indicators for this role are driven by the line business’ operational goals, and related IT business-aligned goals, and cover the following categories of performance:
- Business value delivery from IT (measured by BVA – Brambles Value Added)
- Request and Incident resolution SLT (measured by SNOW reports)
- Project milestones and quality criteria (measured by exceptional non-conformance)
- Security, controls and audit (measured by governance effectiveness & audit rating)
- Objectives for Performance Development Process (PDP) including ‘Shift left’ defect detection measurements by Quality Assurance
Major/Key Accountabilities :
- Following the CHEP IT principle of ‘Production First’, ensure the stability of Production ERP and related applications, by understanding the underlying business processes and how the application supports these business processes, and by applying this knowledge to solving problems, and determining the root cause.
- Constantly monitor and improve the effectiveness of the ERP related applications relative to the end-users’ experience and with regard to the overall business processes and workflows required to efficiently handle day-to-day operations.
- Understand and create well-documented and detailed specifications for changes.
- Design well-documented ERP and related applications enhancements aligned with the business needs and in accordance with standard SAP, Global Governance, and Quality Assurance best practices.
- Implement enhancements. Configure them, oversee their development and unit testing, and support user acceptance testing, integration testing, regression testing, and change management for implementation.
- Identify and implement value-adding effectiveness (“doing the right things”) and efficiency (“doing things right”) opportunities, and seize quality improvement opportunities in systems and processes.
- Understand configuration of, and logical and process dependencies and interrelationships between distinct functional modules of SAP, and design and troubleshoot in his/her own specialist functional area using this knowledge.
- Share expert functional and technical knowledge, to maximize others’ competence in exploiting CHEP’s SAP applications, both with users and IT colleagues
- Understand and apply all relevant CHEP methodologies, processes and standard operating procedures.
- Negotiate, commit to and control project schedules for his/her own deliverables
- Work with regional BA and PM Teams globally.
- Coupa Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration
- At least 3-5 years of IT experience and strong understanding of integration of SAP with other modules/applications. This should include practical knowledge, master data expertise , understanding of SAP best practices and integration best Practices for cloud technologies
- SAP MM Module Experience around purchasing
- Working experience of API based integration of SAP with Cloud Applications
- Good understanding of general Cloud technologies and architecture
- 4+ years’ proven experience in providing systems support and direct contact with users to solve issues with business applications
- 3+ years of experience with SAP transactions, tables ,Function Module used in SAP Purchasing and invoicing
- Provision of systems support and direct contact with users to solve issues with business applications
- Global business reach desirable, including working remotely with globally scattered users and IT teams, including external partners.
Working in a service business with a sophisticated supply chain (desirable)
Skills and Knowledge :
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal, and the ability to present difficult concepts in understandable terms to all levels in the organization
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, reasoning and assessment skills
- Requirements planning and management: Gathering, Communications, Analysis, Documentation, and Implementation
- Ability to integrate system capabilities with business needs where potentially the degree of customization required in SAP is above industry benchmark levels
- Six Sigma methodologies or other structured quality tools.
- Knowledge of integration between SAP ECC 6.0 and external systems using interfaces.
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting issues and utilizing SAP OSS Notes for resolving production defects.
- Demonstrated work planning and prioritization skills for a small group
- Microsoft Office tools, to advanced user level
- Testing experience, using automated testing tools, Worksoft and Jira
- Experience in European or American or Oceanic/Asian business systems
- Enough ABAP understanding to aid problem solving, providing specifications and performance of testing
- Understanding of latest technological solutions for ERPs
- Past role progression
- High volume data analysis
- SAP Query and LSMW
- Understanding of key principles of Project Management
Bachelors, Bachelors – Information Technology
Preferred Level of Work Experience
3 – 5 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time