- Leading AI-driven Global Supply Chain Solutions Software Product Company and one of Glassdoor’s “ Best Places to Work ”
- Seeking an astute individual that has a strong technical foundation with the additional ability to be hands-on with the broader engineering team as part of the development/deployment cycle, and deep knowledge of industry best practices, with the ability to implement them working with both the platform, and the product teams.
- The Candidate should have prior background working in Application Development or IT Infrastructure and should have a solid high-level understanding of the underlying IT principles (Systems, Network, Software, IaC, SaaS, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Containers, CI/CD). DevOps Engineer will work with Stakeholders from both Development and Infrastructure to ensure timely and reliable software release delivery while minimizing the risk to business-critical infrastructure and applications.
Our current technical environment:
- Operating System: Linux and Windows
- Configuration management tools : Ansible and Terraform
- Programming languages : Python and Shell scripting
- DevOps Tools: GIT, GitLab/GitHub and Docker (good to have)
- Cloud Architecture : MS Azure (Terraform, ARM templates, AKS, Virtue Networks, Azure AD) & GCP (Good to have)
- Frameworks/Others : Kubernetes & Elasticsearch (ELK Stack)
What you’ll do:
- DevOps Engineer will gather requirements for automation opportunities; develop and manage CI/CD process for different types of application and automate as many processes as possible
- Actively engage in CI/CD, Agile and DevOps process, participate regularly in planning and releases
- Represents infrastructure as active member of DevOps team, liaises with infrastructure teams to forecast and secure resources necessary to meet delivery schedules.
- Create and update application run books & appropriate technical documentation
- Ensure all release processes, policies and procedures are properly communicated and documented
- Assist in establishing and enforcing standards that will improve the ease of automating the build process and the development environments
- Manage and maintain enterprise infrastructure tools as the primary subject matter expert
- Deploy and manage virtualization infrastructure
- Respond to system issues related to the infrastructure and fulfill service requests
- Participate and represent Infrastructure Interest in Applications Architecture
- Assist in facilitating datacenter activities such as system upgrades and hardware provisioning.
- Provide support, and implementation of security policies, compliance, governance and best practices
- Prioritize workload and resolve any technical issues/roadblocks
- Solid skills in logical troubleshooting, communication, documentation and problem resolution
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- 6 to 8 years of combined related work experience
- 2+ years working experience with Azure Cloud, Azure DevOps & CI/CD Pipeline automation, Jenkins, Ansible
- Being able to work cross platform, with Windows and Linux. This helps understand hybrid platform environment and thus help design considerations. Certification is preferable (RHCE or likewise)
- Strong programming experience and background in Enterprise Java
- Demonstrable experience designing, building deploying and maintenance of enterprise cloud solutions (we use Azure) in AWS, Azure and or GCP
- Experience with varied tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure as Code and infrastructure automation.
- Good Understanding of secure architectures, secure configuration, identity management.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies – Private, Public, Hybrid, IaaS+, PaaS, SaaS
- Proficiency in operating system, software, and hardware installation / configuration
- Intermediate knowledge of Networking (VLAN, sub netting, routing and switching)
- Willing to work under different technologies and take up new technology responsibilities outside the core skills
- Demonstrable experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery principles (ci/cd) and implementation
- Strong Scripting experience like Python, Perl, Shell, PowerShell, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with Ansible, Puppet or Chef for configuration and orchestration
- Ability to interact with various levels of professionals
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to act independently to drive IT goals and changes
- Advanced troubleshooting methodology
- Ability to judge priorities and adjust their work accordingly
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Fluent English and high oral and written communication skills
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Check out Blue Yonder's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.