We are a 100% distributed workforce organization. This means that all our 100+ employees work remotely from their homes. This model allows us to always hire individuals who are in alignment with our non-negotiable core values while ensuring unparalleled flexibility and work-life balance.
For faster processing of your application, please apply here:
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates at Bizbox are draft picks from the marketplace and professional peer group. They bring consistent intellectual energy and acumen to their position and increase value to our teammates AND our customers.
They demonstrate a strong alignment with our values. At Bizbox, we stay 'True North by practicing:
- An Open mind to always improving through coaching.
- On-time and accurate delivery.
- Transparency; Accountable and humble, yet has the strength to communicate with their upline with conviction.
- Always willing to go the extra mile for our colleagues and our customers. We bring a 'solutions' mindset to the table.
- Inspecting what we expect; Planning what we do, doing what we plan.
- You are a raving fan of user-centric design and dummy-proof UX philosophy & flow.
- You believe in rough drafts and wireframing prior to the actual development.
- A professional understanding of design principles and best practices (e.g. typography, color theory, layout, information hierarchy).
- Believe that software and design are inextricably dependent and connected.
- The ability to present and articulate design solutions/rationale to the creative team and project stakeholders.
- The ability to quickly communicate ideas through sketching, whiteboarding, and storyboarding.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Intermediate proficiency in Sketch and paired plugins (Zeplin and Craft).
- Intermediate proficiency in presentation/pitch software (Keynote, Powerpoint and Google Slides).
- Experience with prototyping software (Invision).
- Video and motion design abilities are a plus.
- Stay current with emerging trends in digital news design, SEO, social media, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.
Experience and Execution Essentials:
- 5+ years of experience
- Have a current online website resume/portfolio that demonstrates your professional capabilities
- Are fluent in English
- Have real work experience and "real" deadlines and structure
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Have a professional track record of launching successful consumer products for web and mobile
- Capable of working with your own design ideas and input from creative directors
- Your primary responsibilities will be creating designs and layouts for our unique products and services that align with our brand aesthetic, target market, and ROI goals
- Design planning, asset organization, and attention to detail is a must
- You know how to check work for CSS and HTML accuracy and browser compatibility
- Are able to communicate knowledgeably with our marketing team, developers, and/or stakeholders on integration design and functionality
- Ability to multitask and be proactive
- Have expertise in achieving cross-browser compatibility in IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari BizBox Publishing Design Needs
- Marketing campaign assets
- Landing Pages
- Lead Magnet Assets
- Sales Campaign Designs
- Email campaigns
- Instagram Story Designs
- Consumer Checklists
- Tradeshow marketing collateral
- Downloadable Tutorials and Guides
- Blog headers
- Holiday Banners, etc.
- New page designs
Experience and Execution Nice to Haves
- Have strong management experience in leading a design team
- Formal education in art, design, computer science, journalism, media, communications, design, and/or equivalent experience
- Fluency in XHTML, CSS, JAVA, and PHP
- Have the ability to produce mockups in Photoshop and turn them into standards-compliant HTML/CSS
- Experience with A/B or multivariate testing for site optimization
- Able to interpret our traffic and customer analytics/data to help us better design for and serve our customers
- Use and/or own rapid design prototyping tools
- Monitor site performance and data to recognize trends and drive improvements in the site designs and experience
- Please send your resume and online portfolio URL