Requisition ID: 248947
Requisition Posting End Date:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security and Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Civil Engineer with 4 to 10 years of experience in General Civil Works (site grading, earthworks, drainage, roads and pavements, fencing and underground piping systems) in a design office of repute. Should have exposure to design office practices and familiarity with computer aided design and 3D modeling tools.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Shall perform civil engineering (earthwork, drainage, pavement etc.) calculations, prepare material
requisitions, service requisitions, technical specifications and quantity take-offs and provide input for
design drawings during all phases of projects.
2. Shall check the drawings prepared by the designers.
3. Shall assist in the development of basic layout drawings.
4. Shall participate in conceptual studies, proposals.
1. Knowledge of discipline engineering techniques and design calculation principles.
2. Understanding of Engineering Procedures and design guides.
3. Basic understanding of the roles played by other engineering disciplines on projects.
4. Understanding of industry and regulatory codes (API, NFPA / OISD, British / Euro / Canadian /
Australian / Indian) and standards and design criteria pertinent to civil engineering design.
5. Knowledge of constructability and applicable standards and codes including OSHA.
6. Experience of using general purpose design software such as InRoads / OpenRoads, Civil3D,
CivilStorm / MicroDrainage.
7. Skill in oral and written communication.
8. Should be proficient in using MS office tools.
1. Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college in Civil Engineering.
2. Preference will be given to the candidate with master degree in relevant subject
Grade 23: 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience
Grade 24: 6 - 10 years of relevant work experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.