Job Title: Vice President
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- To remediate Business Banking Customer KYC as part of regulatory requirement, the role purpose is to manage a team who can successfully remediate within the designated time scale.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the process and compliance to procedures and policy guidelines; Lead the team into operational growth. To proactively build relationships with customers (internal and external); Responsible for managing Process, People, Metric & Client relationship; Ensure effective resource utilization.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for remediation and project delivery of Business Banking KYC
- Ensure Service Level Agreements for the process /third party suppliers and are met as agreed upon with the client
- Identify causes for non-achievement of Service Level Agreements, introduce remedial actions and implementation
- Review and analyse performance reports against targets on a weekly/monthly basis with AVPS/TLs and with stake holders and investigate causes for performance disruptions
- Ensure process compliance with all business rules and regulatory directives, and adherence to all operational processes
- Monitor compliance adherence through timely audits, generating awareness on the floor etc.
- Manage performance of individual teams through performance management techniques, career planning strategies and sharing of best practices.
- Perform trend analysis on MIS/ data and identify deficiencies (tools, metrics and reports) and recommend solutions; ensure maintenance of processes and procedures to facilitate the same
- Responsible for attrition management and arranging for backfills on a timely basis
- Mentor and ensure smooth induction of new hires in the process
- Develop strategic & tactical plans to identify, analyse and effectively respond to client’s needs, emerging trends and best practices
- Work closely with HR to ensure high employee morale and retention initiatives
- Manage attrition by implementing measures for retention of work force
- Review, recommend and implement new methods and procedures to ensure efficiency of operations
- Conduct dip checks of parameters that impact performance to ensure data integrity
- Conduct skip level meetings at regular intervals to address concerns, if any
- Responsible for staff performance, management, compensation and rewards & recognition programs
- Attend daily huddle with team managers to be updated on all the floor issues concerns
- Set KROs for the team and are aligned to the stakeholders SLAs and overall organizational goals
- Drive quality and process improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma/Lean to ensure continuous improvement Provide reports on the process metrics and employee performance to the Top Management
- Conduct regular meetings with the support teams namely, Transition/Projects & Technology to ensure that the internal SLAs are met
- Assist in budget management & cost control measures
- Understand billing parameters of clients and take measures to ensure billing optimization
- To be involved in recruitment & selection process of floor employees
- Monitor and manage call/process related quality
- Interact with other operations teams to avail required information to standardise the process
- Manage various trainings namely Ex. Process, Up skill and Refreshers
- Involve in corporate social responsibility initiatives (Community)
- Work with the Team Manager/Operational Manager to plan and provide support and guidance with Disciplinary & Grievances, completing documentation and scribing for interviews
- Measuring performance of the team
- Confirmation and on-going feedback and training
- Build effective vertical and horizontal communication channels across the organization
- Formulate long term plans for the development and motivation of the team
- Nominate sub-ordinates for suitable training programs sponsored by the organization to enhance their capabilities and skill level.
- Offer cordial work environment and cohesive work relationship with the direct reports to facilitate performance.
- Coach and mentor sub-ordinates by involving them in decision making process
- Ensure that role profiles of the team are reviewed and updated annually
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders within BGSC and senior executives and leaders in the customer businesses served
- Proactively engage/agree plans and outputs with senior leadership in the customer sending business units (covering Transitions, Service Delivery, Performance Improvements, Issues Resolution and Complaints
- Monitor and review the SLAs and provide daily / weekly reports to the client on SLAs and metrics
- Liaise with the Heads & representatives of the process to discuss issues of the floor
- Understand stakeholder processes and suggest modes of value additions
- Carry out periodic service review calls with the client to ascertain fulfilment of stakeholder expectations and handle escalations
- Provide daily / weekly reports to the client on SLAs and metrics
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Provide leadership to the process managers and management oversight for issue resolution
- Create an environment that encourages staff retention; high levels of staff engagement and ensures employee satisfaction shows a year on year improvement
- Embed a culture of regular reviews and performance management
- Contribute in promoting BGSC as employer of first choice
- Serve as single point of senior management contact to the BGSC Executive and Onshore stakeholders for the processes undertaken
- Encourage and promote a culture of champion challenger within BGSC
- Set and communicate common business goals and objectives
- Provide a single point of management for business change in the unit
What we’re looking for:
- Professional degree/ Post graduate or equivalent
- Any certification related to KYC/AML etc
- Minimum 15+ years of prior work experience in a service industry with 5 years in a BPO/Call centre
- Demonstrated team handling skills in the past (should have handled minimum 100 Team Members)
Adept at communicating across business and cultural barriers to ensure customer satisfaction
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Work experience at a senior managerial level of leading large teams (minimum of 100 team members) across multiple processes
- Prior experience in KYC, AML, managing Third party supplier, Customer Service
- Knowledge of Retail Banking Services and processes
- Knowledge of emerging technology e.g Blue Prism and exposure to tech testing with ops
- Experience with leading Financial Services BPOs/Large BPO setup
- Excellent track record during past work experience; Stability in previous jobs.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- RPA and tech applications knowledge
- Experience of closely working with Tech teams
- Understanding of transformation tools and methods available in the Bank
- Understanding of business financial
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.