Job Title: Cloud Engineer
- To steer or support solution design, engineering, testing, release and L3 support for Conversational AI and Chat platforms, with particular focus on AWS-based products and associated DevOps processes.
What will you be doing?
15% Demand Management
- Capacity Planning, Effort estimation: Under the guidance of the Offshore Engineering Lead, ensure that you are working on agreed and priority deliverables within active Sprints, and manage your capacity to enable estimation of works in upcoming delivery cycles. Assume accountability of ensuring you deliver to Sprint goals within the Scrum framework, as well unblocking progress by lending SME expertise when required.
15% Stakeholder Management
- Maintain effective relationships and deal openly with all key stakeholders, taking into account the needs of all stakeholders, both within Engineering and Product teams. Influence decisions which, in the long term, are positive for customers and clients, shareholders, colleagues and the communities in which Barclays operates.
70% Engineering & DevOps
- Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of solution designs
- Support the technical engineering and implementation for all in-scope cloud and on-premise solutions allocated to the CAICP team within Digital Technology, identifying and collaborating with the programme’s Product, Architecture and Service Assurance teams.
- Work closely with Solution Designers, Scrum Masters, Product analysts and Run the Bank teams to understand and challenge solutions to:
- Support solution definition
- Refine technical requirements in light of technical constraints and opportunities
- Support the definition, capture and solutioning of clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.).
- Support the programme’s testing efforts and any mitigating actions to minimise risk.
- Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support architects and solution designers in understanding any ‘approach versus effort/cost’ trade-offs.
- Document and develop technical and integration:
- Identify and develop innovative cloud based solutions that will enhance colleague and client experience and provide a cost effective solution for BUK.
- Use analysis output to define and document innovative candidate approaches.
- Simplify complex technical ideas, anticipate potential drawbacks/risks and persuade other engineering team members to adopt best practices.
- Actively investigate interesting new tools and techniques.
What we’re looking for:
- Quick learner; strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and with frequently changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and build relationships with members of the business and technology communities.
- Must be independent and creative in approach to problems and issues; assertive, tenacious, proactive.
- AWS Certified (associate or professional)
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience building and supporting enterprise platforms.
- Experience with micro service architecture within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- Experience with AWS Connect and Lex preferable.
- Strong understanding of web authentication and authorization.
- Strong understanding of Devops practices, Jenkins, SonarQube, Veracode, Maven etc.
- Knowledge of SCM tools like GIT, IDE - Eclipse, IntelliJ. VSCode
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA, Agile Central, Service First etc
Skills that will help you in the Role:
- Exposure to Banking and Finance domains
- Awareness of management information tools and systems
- Governance and compliance policies, standards, and procedures required to fulfil role e.g. data security, records management,
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.