Job Title : AVP Corporate Banking MI
Location : Chennai
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
- Responsible for the sustenance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to MI data quality and reporting requirements.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Ensure compliance to procedures and policy guidelines.
What will you be doing?
- Review of the strategic MI processes, with the focus on improving the accuracy of MI data.
- Perform financial data modelling, consolidation and analysis for the reconciliation and data quality.
- Review, preparation and/or submission of customer level adjustments on Corporate Banking product as a part of month-end tasks, which require fundamental understanding of products and its basic features.
- Prioritisation of data quality activities through tasks such as creating, maintaining, analysing and correcting data, resolving data issues raised by business/ finance business partners, monitoring usage and reporting on quality metrics.
- Manage and monitor data quality, control and governance for the business area.
- Ensure MI financials are aligned with business expectations and it gives an accurate numbers for appropriate product/country heads. It involves close interaction with Financial Control, Country finance and MI teams
- Drive customer interactions and resolve customer issues.
- Oversee the month-end adjustments journal submitted by various product analysts
- Lead/ Participate in OAT/ UAT of MI Projects and BAU initiatives with stakeholders, building and then mobilising target operating model, training etc.
- Support business and technology through change, ensuring business readiness, from definition and release planning to delivery.
- Provide appropriate and timely guidance and feedback to Technology partners regarding KPIs on data and processes
What we’re looking for:
- Good understanding of front office systems, Middleware, financial consolidation and Data lineage
- Proven track record of delivering change projects and oversight of multiple resources
- Good understanding and demonstration of consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and key performance measurement design.
- Proven track record of collaboration with key functional stakeholders, Data and Analytics, Credit Risk, Legal and Compliance and Finance to identify key levers, issues and opportunities
- Experience of successfully managing key data management processes; documenting, improving, monitoring compliance and Audit
- Commercial knowledge of banking industry
- Appreciation of current / future changes in the form of Structural Reform
- Strong university degree/academics equivalent work experience in relevant industry with strong background in technology, information security, Finance and risk management.
- Experience in assessing design and operating effectiveness of technology controls
- Experience of a project environment, in particular planning, testing, and tracking against a plan
Skills & Competencies:
- Finance Experience and Knowledge and a track record of successfully managing IT development implementations or change management or operational improvement projects.
- Maintain oversight of management and control validation across Group Company Feeds, Managed Services & Run the Bank operational areas
- Undertake regular control reviews to validate controls effectiveness, based on area priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, proactively seeks solutions.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and life cycle together with analysis skills
- Very good communication skills, written and interpersonal, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong Leadership and collaborative style, able to build relationships across the Group
- Good line management skills, with ability to develop skill set of direct report
- Well-organised and resilient
- Drives to achieve stretch objectives
- An overall awareness of the Barclays Group strategies, organisational structure, and the key areas with which the jobholder may interface.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Graduate or Above with professional technical qualification (eg: B.Sc, BTech ,BCA ,M.Sc, MCA, MBA) from premier institute
- Very comfortable working with database systems like Teradata Oracle, SQL; programming languages like Python, VB etc , tools like Cognos, Qlikview, Tableau, SAP etc
- Good communication skills - written and Oral
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.