Job Title :
Rates QA Engineer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
BUK & BX – All locations
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What we’re looking for:
- QA engineer for eRates global business is responsible for gathering business requirement and translate those into technical documentation (use cases, Jira, excel, confluence, etc)
- Managing the successful preparation and execution of multiple test scenarios throughout the end to end testing lifecycle, across both manual and automated testing
- Successful preparation and execution of multiple test scenarios throughout the end to end testing lifecycle, across both manual and automated testing
- The role is to work within the project team ensuring continued high quality delivery.
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Collaborate with the Product teams to define problems, and solutions
- QA engineer will work closely with the development team from the start of development in order to advise on what is needed to facilitate manual and automated testing
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders in Sprint planning
- Taking part in whole team daily meetings from the outset of a project to discuss issues, progress and blockers.
- Working closely with other functional testers in the automation of existing testing.
- The individual will help diagnose the causes of failures in execution of test suites when they occur and work with the development teams to resolve them.
- Strong manual testing experience in a complex area
- Previous experience in the creation, maintenance, and execution of tests plans and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Previous experience in diagnosing and resolving complex test environment configuration issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) including the ability to assist in and provide feedback related to activities of system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, and load/performance testing
- Effective communication skills with other development team members, project managers, managers and users across multiple global locations
What will you be doing?
- Previous experience with development of bespoken automation solutions.
- Experience with one or more of the following (e.g. Java, python, shell scripting).
- Experience with relational database and sql
- A working knowledge of JIRA and Atlassian tools
- Investment banking experience.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and
Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do:
Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.