Banner Staffing Services-WR
Primary Location Starting Range:
$24.00/hr - $25.00/hr
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Explore and excel. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Staffing Services. Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered.
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position provides assessment, treatment, and education to cardiac patients and their families during rehabilitation. This position writes exercise prescriptions to progress patients through rehabilitation.
1. Evaluates patients functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and exercise goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized exercise plans that consider patients' physical and age-specific needs and abilities. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure safety and maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of exercise program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions. Instructs patients and families in pathology, discharge guidelines, risk factor modification, and exercise individually and through classes.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a level of clinical knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in exercise/physiology or related field.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.