Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
- BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
- The Global Banking and Markets [GBAM] Finance seeks to provide a first-class support service with particular focus on the relationship between trading risk positions and P&L components. We are looking to recruit an individual to work in the P&L production area covering the Equity trading desks.
- The candidate’s main responsibility will be to produce and deliver the daily P&L to front office, providing a high standard of analysis and explanation around any issues faced and daily revenue drivers. The candidate will therefore have considerable interaction with the respective Front Office, Middle Office, and Finance and Trade Capture teams so good communication and time management skills are an essential requirement for this
- Production and reporting of daily P&L to Front Office & Senior Management.
- Reconcile actual P&L with trader estimates and provide flash/actual variance analysis.
- Working closely with the trading desks on position, P&L or other issues on an ad-hoc basis.
- Front-to-Back analysis & reconciliations of front office p&l and balance sheet to firm sub-ledgers,
- Assist with execution of month-end controls ensuring management vs financial P&L variances are within thresholds
- Liaise with various business partners such as Technology, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operations and Finance to resolve issues / queries.
- Development & continuous improvement of existing processes & workflow.
- Testing / UAT for systems work ranging from minor system releases to major system implementations.
- Remediation of issues in an autonomous yet timely manner considering the principles of control and the need to mitigate operational risk.
- Perform the Month-End Sub Ledger to general ledger reconciliation
- Analyze traders’ risk positions and understand and apply the Greeks (Delta, Vega Gamma) vs daily market moves.
- Communicate effectively & escalate issues to senior management in a timely and thorough manner
- Mentor junior team members to help them grow and conduct strong oversight over all workflow & issues
- Good working understanding of Excel is a must; ability to troubleshoot spreadsheet issues is also critical
- The right individual will be a team leader and can multi-task to manage the challenges of Middle Office processes and personnel on an independent basis yet have the awareness to escalate potential issues to management in a timely manner.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of communicating effectively with personnel from various areas within an organization and at different management levels
Education Qualification: Preference is a Finance or Mathematics related degree [e.g. Chartered Accountant, PG (Finance), FRM, CFA, CPA]
Certifications If Any
8 to 10 years
- Strong Product/PNL Knowledge, should have handled multiple desks
- Effective communication skills with English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Takes initiative and challenges existing processes and procedures in a proactive manner
- Strong team player
- Ability to analyze issues independently and derive solutions
07:30 AM to 05:30 PM