AVP - FINANCE & ACCOUNTS (JOB NUMBER: FIN002680)
Job Description – AVP/VP-Finance
Note to Hiring Manager:
In support of BNP Paribas APAC's Diversity Commitment, Hiring Managers are to consider at least 1 Asia Pacific national, 1 male and 1 female candidate for the position to be filled.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Purpose of this role is to act as Tax Manager with all the requisite expertise in terms of managing the Statutory and Regulatory compliance of Direct and Indirect taxation and the rules and to support the team for all the Head office requirements in terms of accounting principles under IFRS rules. The role will reside within the Finance Department and hence knowledge on Indian GAAP and the Management Reporting will be an added advantage.
- Responsible in preparing/reviewing the Financial statements along with the notes in compliance with the Schedule VI and keep abreast with all the latest amendments
- Ensure all the statutory payments are made within the due dates and statutory reports are submitted within the timelines to the statutory authorities and comply with the regulators such as Income tax, GST,STPI, DGFT,CRISIL etc.
- Responsible for handling tax assessments and providing submission to tax authorities on time.
- Responsible for liaising with regulatory authorities wherever required.
- Responsible in reviewing the tax workings for Advance tax remittance as the Income Tax Provisions and also for the Head office requirements as per the IFRS standards
- Responsible in reviewing the Income Tax Returns / Transfer Pricing returns and APA Compliances
- Responsible for reviewing the GST returns and the annual audit and overview the refund process
- Play a proactive role in updating the Senior Management on the latest updates related to regulatory compliances which would have impact for the entity.
- Ensuring the implementation of applicable latest amendments in the regulations
- Responsible for ensuring effective internal control in the overall process and in particular on the accounting controls.
- Coordinate with the teams to ensure timely month closure of books with accuracy
- Responsible for handing internal audits and any other audit mission and implementing the recommendations
- Responsible for providing updates to the Board of Directors on the financial performance and tax updates of the entity.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies
- Play an active role in leading the team and work along with the team members to meet the organizational objectives
- Active participation in the Budget process and monitor the costs reports of the entity
- Responsible for monitoring Treasury activities and ensuring to have effective cash flow Management.
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge in accounting standards, Companies Act and the Income tax Act.
- Gain a high level of understanding of the processes in Finance & Accounts
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work in pressurized environment
- Highly structured and methodical in execution
- Clear articulate and concise verbal and written communications
- Client Servicing skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time management skills
- Results driven with a strong commitment to completing tasks within deadlines
- Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Management team across functions within entity and group.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Basic Knowledge on IFRS 9 and 16
Problem solving skills and ability to handle independently
Creativity and innovations to identify the process improvements
Ability to adapt and handle the situation based scenarios
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Strong accounting and analytical skills
Strong Knowledge in Taxation – Income tax and GST
Proficient in MS-office applications and good knowledge on MS-Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Ability to work individually and as a team.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Master Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Professional Qualification - CA Qualified and 12 years of Post qualification experience is mandatory
: Standard / Permanent
: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Education Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)
Experience Level: At least 12 years