We are looking for a talented and passionate lead engineer who has the desire to guide development and maintenance for a subset of ABG backend web services. These services support our mobile and web e-commerce products - the primary driver of $9B in annual revenue. This role requires a resourceful individual, a persistent problem solver, and a strong hands-on engineer. This is a great opportunity to have a big impact as part of a growing team who is during technology and product transformation.
- Build a deep understanding of existing systems.
- Participate in or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders.
- Write code as needed, but also strategically/thoughtfully delegate coding tasks to team members.
- Review code developed by other developers, providing feedback on style, functional correctness, testability, and efficiency.
- Triage system-wide issues and identify the root cause of incidents.
- Work with Principal Architects to plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business features.
- Identify and resolve the existing critical technical debt.
- Build transparent systems with proper monitoring, observability, and alerting.
- Plan for robust build, test, and deployment automation
- Work with product stakeholders and front-end developers to understand the essence of requirements and to provide pragmatic solutions
- Work within an Agile framework
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- 9-12 years of Professional experience designing/writing/supporting highly available web services.
- 5+ years of experience writing Nodejs applications.
- Experience with web services written in Nodejs.
- Understanding of distributed systems - performance bottlenecks, fault tolerance, and data consistency concerns.
- Experience working with cloud environments, such as AWS.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience building mission-critical systems, running 24x7
- Desire to work within a team of engineers at all levels of experience.
- Desire to mentor junior developers, maximizing their productivity.
- Familiarity with tools like Dynatrace, Grafana, or similar products to monitor web services.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.