We are looking for a talented and passionate lead engineer who has the desire to guide development and maintenance for a subset of ABG backend web services. These services support our mobile and web e-commerce products - the primary driver of $9B in annual revenue. This role requires a resourceful individual, a persistent problem solver, and a strong hands-on engineer. This is a great opportunity to have a big impact as part of a growing team who is amid technology and product transformation.
- Develop a good understanding of existing systems.
- Participate in design discussions.
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Develop product quality code and assist in QA testing as needed.
- Perform code reviews.
- Triage system-wide issues and identify root causes of incidents.
- Take ownership of technical problems as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team and provide creative solutions.
- Contribute to enhancing the monitoring capabilities.
- Be a team player and work with product stakeholders and other team members to provide pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Work within an Agile development methodology and actively contribute to story-pointing and refinement sessions.
- Be a quick learner and gain in-depth knowledge in the business areas that they support.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- 5+ years of professional experience designing/writing/supporting highly available web services
- 3+ years of experience implementing Microservices in Java and Spring applications.
- 2+ years of experience working in distributed systems - understanding performance bottlenecks, fault tolerance, and data consistency concerns.
- 1+ year of experience working with cloud environments, preferably with AWS.
- 3+ years of experience working in relational databases, preferably Postgres.
- 2+ years of experience building mission-critical systems, running 24x7
- Desire to work within a team of engineers at all levels of experience.
- Experience mentoring junior developers and maximizing their productivity.
- Familiarity with API logging and monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Grafana, Prometheus or similar.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Excellent writing skills, good communications skills
- Experience debugging production issues and providing quick resolutions.