Arete Incident Response is looking for a Senior Technical Learning Specialist to join our Arete University Team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing best-in-class cybersecurity learning solutions for our global workforce. This individual contributor role is a hands-on designer and instructor position requiring a solid foundation in cybersecurity, curriculum development, design, and production of e-learning as well as live instruction and on-the-job training.
This position must have demonstrated experience in developing and delivering cybersecurity content that is engaging, visually appealing, and grounded in adult learning principles.
This position will primarily design and deliver content in support of our technical skills training, provide thought leadership on industry best practices, design methodologies, and tools to drive engaging learning experiences. This position collaborates on development projects with the subject matter experts and functional leads.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver live virtual and in-person technical training to groups and 1:1 OJT as required by the business needs.
- Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in their area of cybersecurity expertise and ability to serve in a billable role on a limited basis to learn the Arete way and stay current
- Establishes initial trainee assessments and certification criteria in conjunction with our SMEs
- Designs technical curriculum (including facilitators guides, participant manuals, and OJT checklists) in partnership with our SMEs for Incident Response Lead, Forensics, and other key roles at Arete. We are building a program to help new hires and existing talent learn the Arete way .
- Develops performance support resources, such as course handouts, tip sheets, exercise instructions, follow up to training, etc. that are appropriate to the audience under the direction of our subject matter experts
- Establishes and collects metrics to monitor and validate cyber workforce readiness including analysis of cyber workforce development to assess the career development and readiness of our new hire and existing talent
- Aligns training and learning to business requirements
- Assesses effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to quality of content, learning outcomes, and overall participant experience
- Analyzes business needs, target audience, goals and objectives, and effectiveness measures for training programs targeted at specific business units based on business requirements
- Seeks consensus on proposed curriculum changes from stakeholders based on qualitative and quantitative evidence
- Reviews/Assess talent effectiveness and utilization rates to adjust skill and/or qualification standards
- Ensures integration of qualified talent into our existing departments
- Addresses cyber workforce planning and management issues (e.g. recruitment, retention, and training/cross-training/and refresher training).
- Partners with Leadership to Design/integrate an enterprise training strategy that outlines the vision, mission, and goals that align with the organization s strategic plan.
- Advises on cyber career paths to allow career progression, deliberate development, and growth within and between Arete functions.
- Reviews conduct or participate in audits of cyber programs and projects
- Supports the development and leads the review of our Arete playbooks, documenting all changes and updates
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Possess a proven training and development background. Demonstrated successful track record in designing solutions that meet learning objectives from introductory through advanced topics.
- Good knowledge of understanding sound cybersecurity practices and familiarity with best practice learning trends and industry practices are needed.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based or remote work environment.
- Solid experience in developing technical multi media based e training or micro-learning initiatives.
- Bachelor s Degree
- 6 years of related experience
- Experienced with Captivate or other e-learning software
- Familiar with online delivery of training
- Prior LMS experience
- Willing to document and build curriculum around the Arete way
- Must be flexible and comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent upon specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demand
- Master s degree strongly preferred, in education, instructional design or training, and development or related field.
- Certifications or coursework in adult learning, instructional design, or Cyber Security
- Experience with creating and deploying mobile learning solutions.
- Experience in leveraging learning experience platforms to design and implement blended learning solutions
- Experience with multi-media learning solutions or authoring tools such as Captivate etc.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter: Usual office working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- No physical exertion is required.
- Travel within or outside of the state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with Aretes salary and benefit policy.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.