You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex , you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead through the full life cycle of DevOps projects: from requirements gathering through white-boarding, automation design, tool selection, system design, coding, delivery, support and enhancements
- Work as a hands-on member of the team in leading and defining a platform excellence roadmap for the Enterprise Communications Engineering for legacy systems and next gen platform.
- Work directly and collaboratively with engineering teams, architects to deliver CI/CD pipelines, automation solutions, performance tuning, optimization, availability/health monitoring and environment support.
- Work as an active participant in an Agile development environment
- Work to oversee, design, implement, and manage compliance activities such as vulnerabilities remediation, certificate management.
- Closely collaborate with software engineers to make it easy for them to roll out new code and test new features
- Drive continuous improvement and proactively address gaps with stability issues across infrastructure environment
- Establish application monitoring KPIs to measure performance and identify system bottlenecks/failure points
- Partner closely with engineering and quality teams to enable a robust and quality driven, development and production delivery environment
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in DevOps in a Cloud and Non-Cloud environment, building CI/CD pipelines, Deployment, Monitoring and shipping well-loved large-scale products.
- Hands on experience in Linux along with scripting and automation (Selenium, Soap UI, Python/Shell scripting) expertise.
- Well versed with Application Servers (JBoss, Wildfly, WebSphere), Certificate Workflows (TLS/SSL), Message Signing.
- Hand on experience with logging and monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace) and source versioning systems such as SVN, GitHub
- Strong Experience in DevOps processes, Cloud Deployment, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to Java, Spring, Spring boot, UI/UX would be a plus
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills
- Open to learn & experiment on leading/innovative technologies.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.