You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Enterprise data is a critical asset which needs to be credible for American Express internal consumption as well as to power the best customer experience. Data Quality is the foundation of our data management activities and it is vital that the data meets the appropriate standards of quality. To achieve this priority, the Enterprise Data Platforms team is creating a new leadership role to drive an expanded team of dedicated data quality resources and support our partners across the Enterprise.
The new Solutions Manager, position will have the responsibility for evaluating data quality processes, establishing data quality rules & controls and maintain a data quality checklist to govern critical data across the organization. Individual will be responsible for improving our data quality issue management and driving the remediation of data quality issues.
The Solutions Manager will have following key aspects to their role:
- Understand and define the business requirements and data quality rules and controls in line with Data Governance mandate
- Manage the remediation of DQ issues working closely with SORs and other data sources
- Responsible to socialize the DQ solutions across the BU stakeholders and smooth onboarding
- Be the SME/SPOC for diverse business processes from data and governance perspective
- Serve as a DQ champion and manage intake process from the respective BUs
- Collaborate with DQ Product Team and design solutions for core DQ requirements of BUs
- In line with Data Governance principles, work across key partners to understand Data Quality requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Develop appropriate DQ standards, guidelines & procedures to support the identification, assessment, and remediation of data quality issues.
- Work with application owners to maintain and update data quality rules and controls for critical data within their systems
- Provide insights to key stakeholders about the health and vitals of their data; leveraging analytical, metrics and reporting based automated solutions
- Ensure that critical data and underlying remediation projects, are in compliance with enterprise policy and standards.
- Identify the accountable parties for remediation and drive coordination between the centralized data quality service team and the Data Stewards implementing remediation.
- Collaborate with DQ Product Team to prioritize the implementation of core requirements from business partners
- Manage the launch, communication, and implementation of DQ product, new features, and enhancements of existing features
- Ensure awareness & organize trainings about DQ processes, guidelines, policies & solutions
- Lead a team of 3-5 DQ solution Analyst and coach them to drive Enterprise DQ Priorities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information Technology, Computer Science, Information security, Mathematics, Statistics, or any other relevant qualification
- 4+ years of experience in managing product teams, software development team, Quality Solution architects or as a solution manager in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment
- Proven ability to discover, design and implement small/large scale automated solutions in a matrix organization preferably data quality and governance related products
- Experience in leveraging Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies
- Have led implementation of Enterprise level product roadmaps managing diverse set of partners and stakeholders across the organization
- Strong Program Management, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problem
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.