You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Purpose of the role:
Manage and review assigned contract requests in line with AEMP10 Third Party Management Policy requirements, identify appropriate contracting path to follow and guide the business unit requestor through the process.
- Identify the right AXP standard contract template in line with the services and work with internal subject matter experts to collaborate and drive the contract negotiation with supplier.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define negotiation strategy and drive value through effective negotiation with supplier on pricing as well as pay terms.
- Partner with Business Stakeholders and TLM teams to fulfill third party risk management program requirements
- Guide Business Unit requestors on contracting process and various buying channel based on Supplier risk and other policy guidelines.
- Engage relevant subject matter experts during the contract negotiation process and work to resolve gaps / deviations requested by Supplier.
- Ensure update to business stakeholders and SmartBuy on regular basis on each assigned intake.
- Managing the yearly Anti-Corruption Due Diligence activities around the suppliers.
- Drive stakeholder involvement through strong follow up during contract negotiation and signature.
- Ensure completion of all compliance requirement as outlined by Contract Lifecycle Management team before sending a contract for signature.
- Regularly engagement with key business stakeholders, suppliers, sourcing managers and category managers
- Support reporting requirements effectively capturing value creation and B2B wins in the respective tools and strong follow through to complete those wins.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- A degree in law will be a strong plus.
- 2 years of work experience in a reputed financial organization
- Preferred: Prior experience in procurement specifically related to supplier contract management
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 7:14:14 AMAmerican Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.