Job Description :
You Lead the Way. We- ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we- re supporting our customers- financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we- re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Purpose of the role :
Provide people leadership to direct reports & assist Director- Financial Controller in ensuring governance over financial results, support accounting and reporting for both US GAAP and India GAAP, local statutory and regulatory reporting
The position will play an integral role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the financial statements, proactively eliminate controllable financial risk and exposure to the business, and regularly execute accurate and effective financial reports and controls. The position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives and providing accounting and reporting decision support as part of a world-class controllership
organization. This includes :
- Lead Legal Entity P&L / Balance sheet reviews for AEIPL
- Ensure accurate review of financial results & reporting of all unusual and issues in a timely manner and in accordance with internal policy and Local/US GAAP accounting rules
- Lead preparation of Local Statutory Financials in line with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, ICAI and other reporting requirements.
- Provide analysis of financial data as required to support reporting requirements and Audits including Board & management reporting
- Coordinate with multiple functional areas to ensure end to end support for the legal entity statutory / internal / other audits and drive closure of audit observations.
- Contribute toward process improvements through ongoing review of processes / methods of data collection and report preparation to create efficiencies and eliminate non-value added work.
- Ability to respond to changes in reporting requirements driven by Regulatory Environment.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Qualified Accountant CA with at least 6 years post qualification experience.
- A strong financial accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Strong technical accounting background (US GAAP & India GAAP), including understanding of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Excellent strategic thought leadership skills and the ability to think creatively. Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- High integrity and a control mindset
- A proactive team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Must demonstrate personal accountability in ensuring all tasks and activities are carried out on time and in accordance with requirements.
Minimum Qualifications :
Past Experience: CA, 6+ years of experience post qualification.
Academic Background : CA, 6+ years of experience post qualification.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage-
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.