Why this job is awesome?
• This is SUPER high-visibility work: Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site.
• MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes to leverage Machine learning technologies to solve the real customer problems, and also wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
• We are a cross-functional team that owns the ENTIRE delivery experience for customers: From the business requirements to the technical systems that allow us to directly affect the on-site experience from a central service, business and technical team members are integrated so everyone is involved through the entire development process.
• You will have a chance to develop the state-of-art machine learning, including deep learning and reinforcement learning models, to build targeting, recommendation, and optimization services to impact millions of Amazon customers.
- Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists and engineers who use machine learning and statistical techniques to deliver the best delivery experience on every Amazon-owned site?
- Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data on the cloud and create state-of-art algorithms to solve real world problems?
- Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company?
- Do you like to innovate and simplify?
If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the DEX AI team.
• Research and implement machine learning techniques to create scalable and effective models in Delivery Experience (DEX) systems
• Solve business problems and identify business opportunities to provide the best delivery experience on all Amazon-owned sites.
• Design and develop highly innovative machine learning and deep learning models for big data.
• Build state-of-art ranking and recommendations models and apply to Amazon search engine.
• Analyze and understand large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to detect patterns, to analyze trends and to identify correlations and causalities
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
• 1+ years of experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD (OR Master's Degree plus 10+ years of industry or academic research experience) in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
• PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning
• 3+ years Python and SQL/Hive/Pig experience.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Strong problem solving ability
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 5+ years of industry experience in machine learning and deep learning.
• Strong Python skills.
• Experienced in recommendation or targeting or reinforcement learning applications.
• Experienced in communicating scientific strategy to a business audience
• Proven record of delivering results
• Excellent problem solving abilities.