Amadeus’ purpose is to power better journeys, using the latest technologies to develop solutions for our customers. We sit at the heart of every travel journey – journeys that are personalized, rewarding and purposeful.
We are one of the world’s top 10 software companies with a global team of 19,000 professionals of 145 nationalities, working across 190 countries.
The future of travel has never been more exciting! With us, you won’t just be shaping your own career, you will be shaping the way the world moves. Do you want to be a part of it? Great, then join us!
Member Technical Staff
Position type: Permanent
Job ID: 100003
Job family: Software Development
Summary of the role
Are you a Software Development Engineer with experience in C++ and like to work on Back End Systems? Then you’re the person we’re looking for!
You’ll be designing, coding, debugging, documenting and maintaining software to shape the way the Travel Industry Evolves. You’ll be joining one of the world’s top 10 software to power better journeys.
In this role you’ll / Your main responsibilities
Work out what users need:
- Review Specifications & understand customer requirements for the CRs & conduct impact analysis to provide inputs on estimations.
Work closely with Technical/Functional experts, Manager/Senior Manager, Development teams, Business Analysts.
Model, design and implement Solutions as necessary by applying technical knowledge on C++ programming & according to Amadeus standards
Use your technical skills to give users what they’re after. You’ll do that by:
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining software solutions
Designing technical solutions and perform feasibility studies
Developing your software to follow our standards and quality guidelines
Apply Knowledge on Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Check your solutions work. You’ll:
- Run unit testing & package for deployment by utilizing code test-coverage tools and continuous integration tools like Jenkins to ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines
Conduct Performance test aspects by utilizing tools like Valgrind, Sanitizer etc.
Impact analysis within the application for any solution/fix designed
Fine-tune your software as a result of all your testing
- Help get your software out into the world. You’ll:
- Create technical artifacts to help our departments use & improve the software/solution
Debug software based on Problem Tracking Records and Change Requests from Product Management and Product Definition
- Mentor team members in developing technical craftsmanship skills & forming a good Engineering Community
About the ideal candidate
University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
Hands on development experience of 6-8 years on C++ programming (Template/STL, C++11 Concepts & Boost Library), Python & debugging skills on Linux Platform
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Individual needs to be good on the functional aspects as well. Should be able to explain about all his/her projects in details without any ambiguity.
- Individual needs to exhibit high level of curiosity to understand the domain and have good grasping skills to quickly understand products or behaviour of applications under the ecosystem of related applications.
- Attitude in looking beyond the task at hand to have a big picture with good user and business perspective on the products worked upon
Desirable to have exposure to cloud technologies
What we can offer you
30 days holiday plus pension contribution and healthcare insurance
Skill development opportunities
Experience in one of the world’s top 10 IT companies
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply. Once we’ve received your application we’ll send you a series of coding games to test your knowledge and experience. If you pass, one of our recruiters will get in touch with you to arrange a telephone interview.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.