The Principal Engineer is a highly experienced engineer who is responsible for leading the
project and delivering it from start to finish. The principal engineer would manage and oversee all the phases of the project, including research, development and design. Make sure your team is meeting deadlines, goals and budget restraints. You will be the go to person for the team and the customer with regard to the deliverables of the team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as an expert on the platform, delivering best quality software applications, both web and mobile, to customers.
- Meet with key stakeholders to discuss estimates, sprint delivery planning and develop a timeline.
- Take Ownership of modules, design them, lead the development and influence customer deliveries.
- Act as a supervisor for the project delivery team, taking care of hiring, training, mentoring and delegating work.
- Be adept in applying your knowledge and experience in creating software artifacts/codebase.
- Be adept at using tools such as git, jenkins, sonarqube, veracode among others, to achieve your engineering goals.
- Collaborate with team, managers and other stakeholders both offshore and onsite to achieve the objectives of the project within sprints.
- Perform code reviews, design reviews, code merges etc.
- 2+ years experience leading delivery efforts coordinating a project team of 4+ members in an agile environment
- 3+ years experience designing and delivering web applications (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST with Java based technologies, experienced in frameworks like Spring, Hibernate etc)
- Must have worked in delivering a web application using one of the UI libraries or frameworks(Angular, React, etc).
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Has excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer science or related subjects
Additional qualifications (not mandatory) :
- Experience integrating with web-services
- Experience in Banking domains like core banking, online banking etc.
- Experience in building mobile apps for enterprise use.
- Experience in cloud computing-Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud