The Systems Engineer will help us build, manage and upgrade the infrastructure Integration team at Airbnb uses. They will also build the framework and code generator in Java for developers to be able to build services with configuration and deploy them to containers. This role maintains tools and services that support the hosting and operations such as repository, configuration management and CI/CD. We're looking for someone who is comfortable with multiple platforms and can design and maintain infrastructure through code.
- Ownership of the Integration team's AWS infrastructure including provisioning, configuration, and maintenance. Develop and maintain tooling infrastructure and advance the capability of the services. Respond to operational and security vulnerability issues and incidents as they arise.
- Design, code and execute on projects, continuously improving systems and operations ilities' (i. e. reliability, maintainability, etc).
- Document Design and Runbooks. Provide guidance and share knowledge with other members in the team.
- Rollout and upgrade framework for developers to be able to build services on. Add the ability to deploy on containers through configuration.
- Build and execute on future roadmaps.
- Architect and build integrations and microservices in Java.
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience including 5+ years in Java and AWS, 3+ years in Terraform and Chef.
- Full life cycle implementation experience from requirements gathering/analysis to Go-Live and Post production support.
- Expert in Infrastructure as a coding process, Containerization and in using Terraform and Chef.
- Expert in building frameworks and services in Java
- Expert in Github, CI/CD, Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in securing data; understands PGP, SSH, OAuth, HTTPS, SFTP
- Experience with messaging infrastructure, data streaming, and storage solutions.
- Experience with Relational databases, and good SQL knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eager to take responsibility, accountability and ownership of systems and processes