- The Data Modeler is responsible for the development of high performance, scalable enterprise data models on cloud platform.
- Should possess strong SQL skills with excellent data modelling skills. Needs to be well versed in the Kimball methodology. Should participate in various activities throughout the systems development life cycle. Participate in support activities, involve in POCs and present the outcome in acceptable manner.
- Also responsible for analyzing, architecture, designing, programming and debugging existing/new products to be developed and also mentoring team members. Taking ownership and demonstrate high professional and technical ethics including a consistent focus on emerging and predominant technologies that help the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define, design, implement enterprise data models.
- Build Kimball compliant data models in Analytic layer of data warehouse
- Build 3rd normal form compliant data models in hub layer of data warehouse
- Translate tactical/strategic requirements to ensure effective solutions which meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help.
- Participate and provide consultation on complex initiatives.
- Comfortable tackling new problems and learning along the way.
- Review specifications and coach to ensure consistency in approach and use.
- Research improvements in coding standards, participate in code reviews.
- Refactor code to improve test ability and maintainability when needed.
- Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of custom applications and data flows in the context of projects, releases and production support.
- Deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology.
Technical Skills: Hands on experience in SQL & Query optimization, working on RDBMS and Data Warehouse (ER and Dimensional modeling)
- Experience Modeling data into star schemas using the Kimball methodology
- Experience Modeling data into 3rd normal form
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Experience with CICD frameworks and common DevOps practices
- Experience working in an onsite-offshore model
- Awareness about the Metadata, Data Quality and Governance needs of Data and Analytics platforms
- Soft Skills: Strong Leadership, analytical, engineering, problem solving, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with a broad group of team members with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to take a decision and articulate back to leadership as well as business teams
- Ability to guide other team members through a complex problem or deliverable
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical area (Preferably B.E in Computer Science/Information Tech) with 5+ years of work experience in data modeling or engineering
Nice to have skills:
- Apache Spark Python
- Experience with graph database
- Experience in data identification, ingestion, transformation, and consumption related work
- Good knowledge of Data visualization
- Sap Enterprise S/4 HANA Familiarity
- Programming Language Skills (Python, NodeJs, Unix Scripting)
- Experience on GCP Cloud Ecosystem (Big Query, DataFlow, Airflow, Cloud Storage and equivalent tools on other Cloud solutions, design/build data services)
- Experience in all aspects of software engineering, during these deliverables: Define, architect, build, test, and deploy